Aofw.Org Forum Index
Thanks to Nurohila for the image!
Aofw.Org
The Aofw.Org community board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesCharacter ProfileCharacter Profile   Log inLog in 
Welcome to the forum for Aofw.Org!

All Good Things... (The AOFW chronicles)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aofw.Org Forum Index -> The Animals of Farthing Wood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: All Good Things... (The AOFW chronicles) Reply with quote

Something I posted to mark the 100,000 post on another AOFW message board, thought I might post it here too. See what you all think. It's basically a collection of short scenes between some of the main characters from the Tv series. It's not based on the books (since I haven't read all of them). I finished them yet, still have one more scene to write. The parings are as follows...

Plucky and Whisper
Charmer and Ranger
Owl and Adder
Toad and Spike
Friendly and Whistler
Fox and Vixen

These scenes take place on the same day and is set two years after the series left off.
Andy

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky and Whisper

The spring time sun began to rise over White deer Park, the birds were beginning to sing their usual morning song. Plucky was sitting with his mother outside his earth.
?I can?t believe its morning already? said Plucky, in a very relaxed tone.
?Where does the time go? he continued.
?I?ve asked myself that question a lot lately, particularly over the winter just gone.? replied Whisper.
?Why? You?re not that old mum?
?You?re not too old for a slap you? chuckled Whisper.
?Seriously though, why?? Plucky asked.
?Well? this winter just gone, was the 4 year anniversary? of your fathers death. Four years? can you believe it? I never thought I?d last that long without him.? Whisper then lay down on the ground, Plucky then lay down next to her.
?Do you miss Dad at all, do you ever think about him? asked Plucky very gently.
?All the time love, not a day goes by that I don?t think about your dad. You know? Shadow told me it would get easier as time went by, that I?d find I wouldn?t miss him as much? in a way she was right, I don?t burst into tears anymore when his name is mentioned or anything like that. But I do wish he was here though, he would have loved to have seen you now?
?I remember when I was cub, and not really understanding why my Dad wasn?t around, why everyone else had one but me. When I was finally told the truth about what happened to my Father, I wasn?t sad? I was proud? proud of what he did, he sacrificed his life just to make sure I would be born in a safe environment, despite whatever pain he suffered or any unsettled arguments he had here. He knew what he had to do. I?m not only the grandson of a legend, but I?m also the son of hero too.?
Whisper smiled at her son, feeling proud and happy about what he said, she also knew that was true.
?You know, you have your father?s kindness and strength? said Whisper.
?And my good looks and athletic ability?? asked Plucky.
?Ah well, that?s easy? you?ve got both from me??
Andy

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charmer and Ranger

Later that morning, Charmer was drinking from the pond. Ranger started to approach looking extremely exhausted.
?Are you okay? You look like death? asked Charmer.
?Those cubs of ours are very?. Energetic to say the least. I swear they get more like you everyday? said Ranger.
?Just because they?re charming?? Asked Charmer
?No, because they drive me batty sometimes? said Ranger with a smirk on his face
?Ha ha? anyways speaking of our cubs where are they?? asked Charmer
?Oh they?re spending the day with their Uncle ?Friendly?, personally I dunno who to feel more sorry for?
?I see? any particular reason for sending the kids away for the day?? asked Charmer with delight.
?Well? I thought we could spend some time alone together for a change?
?Well aren?t you the romantic?
?I try my best?
Both Mussel each other, and then look at each other.
?Do you remember the day we first met?? asked Ranger
?How can I forget? it was by the stream on a morning like this? I was so surprised to see the son of ?Scarface? approaching me in such a calm and friendly manner, I?m so glad I stayed where I was instead of running off? replied Charmer.
?It?s strange, back then the idea of us both being together caused a lot of anger and mistrust in your family. But now? it doesn?t matter as far as your parents are concerned. I only wish my parents would have seen the light as well? Ranger said sadly.
?I take your mother still isn?t too fond of us being together? said Charmer
?She never will be to be honest, she?s always disliked Red Foxes, always will. I suppose that?s why she left, she couldn?t face the fact that things are different now. That the old quarrels both her and my father started many years ago are over? times change, if you can?t adapt? then there?s no point?.
Ranger and Charmer walk off with each other towards the woodland. Both wonder if Ladyblue will change her ways?
Andy

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adder and Owl

As morning began to turn into noon things seemed to be getting emotional, it appeared that everyone was getting nostalgic today, surprisingly? so was Owl.
?Such a sunny day? said Owl, trying to get a response out of Adder who was basking in the sun.
?Must you always say what you think? Adder responded.
?I was merely commenting on the day Adder, it?s nice to appreciate the lovely things in life? said Owl proudly.
?Oh that?s It! What is the matter with you! All I?ve heard for the past few years is ?Oh what a lovely day? or ?Oh isn?t the grass greener than usual?. What is wrong?? snapped Adder.
?Alright? I?ll tell you something, something I really haven?t told anyone. You remember when I went away a few years back, to find a mate?? said Owl.
?Ahhh yes, no Weasels, no you and lots of Rats to kill? Oh happy days? said Adder.
?I went back to what we used to know as Farthing Wood, but now it?s just a bunch of houses for the humans. I guess it finally hit home to me that our journey from farthing wood was truly gone, it made me realise that you can?t take things for granted, I?m not just talking about Farthing Wood, I?m also talking about the ones we?ve known that are now gone. Badger, Bold? and for you Sinuous? Owl said sadly.
?Yes? well? I understand what you mean? not necessarily agreeing with you, but I do understand. You know? perhaps your right about one thing?
?Really? About what?? asked Owl.
?It really is a nice day today?
Both then gazed at the clear blue sky, both were remembering there old home and perhaps finally realising that both there old homes and there Lost Friends were really gone?
Andy

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toad and Spike

?He?s gonna come up ere? said Toad with his ear to the ground.
?No he ain?t, he?s gonna come up here? said Spike with his ear to the ground.
The two of them were playing there usual game of ?Find Mossy? later in the afternoon, however despite the enjoyment he was having at this game, something was bothering Spike.
?Toad?? he asked very timidly.
?Not now matey, I?m think he coming up any minute now? replied Toad
?I saw Bully yesterday?? said Spike.
?Yer what??
?He turned up yesterday with some of his cronies? said Spike
?Are you okay? Have they threatened you in some way? We could always get Plucky to sort them out if they?re back?? Said Toad.
?No no, it ain?t anything like that? he wanted me to join his gang again? I said no obviously, I mean how could I say yes, after what he did, he was taking a risk showing his face around here again?. Said Spike.
Spike then walked away towards the edge of the pond and sat down, He was then followed by Toad.
?Are you sure that?s all?? asked Toad
?It was just a shock that was all, I thought he?d gone forever, but it was so strange? if he did come back, then why didn?t he and his cronies kill me? Instead he asked me very nicely? well as nice as somebody like him can be. Anyways, he didn?t stay long, shoed him the way out. I think that?s the last I?ll see of him? said Spike.
?Well you did the right thing matey, it ain?t right for him to even ask you that? said Toad.
Suddenly they both saw Mossy beginning to surface on the other side of the Pond.
?There he is, I told you he?d come up there!? shouted Spike
?Come on Matey Lets get him!??
Andy

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friendly and Whistler

Friendly was lying down outside his earth resting before he went on his usual night time hunt, suddenly he heard a very familiar noise from the air.
?Oh no? assuming position?? he groaned.
He curled up and put his paws over his eyes, Whistler came crashing down right next to him.
?It?s funny? that in all the time I?ve known you, you?ve never considered ?flying lessons?? said Friendly.
?What? Oh? oh yes ha-ha. Haven?t seen you around much lately? Your parents are worried about you? said Whistler.
?Are they? That?s a new one for the books? what is a book anyway??
?Now don?t change the subject Friendly, you?ve become isolated from everyone. Don?t you think it?s time for you to stop? brooding? said Whistler.
?I?m not brooding? I just need some time that?s all. In any case? she broke it off, not me? I was happy? said Friendly.
?Well, I?m no expert on love? I mean look at Speedy? but it seemed to me that this relationship was causing too much pain. It was a year ago, plenty of more fish in the sea? said Whistler.
?I really thought I could make it work with her, but all she could think about was Bold. When she broke it off, I started to think about him too. I couldn?t even be a great brother to him now that he?s dead never mind alive, maybe she was right. I haven?t made many good choices in life, I?ve done things which I wish I could take back, breaking a promise to Charmer, not being supportive enough to Bold. I don?t deserve my name? it?s not me? said Friendly.
?You can?t do this to your self Friendly? I don?t think for a second that Bold would want you to do this to yourself, nor would Whisper. Nobody hates you? so stop being so stupid and snap out of it!?
?Wow? you can be really strict when you wanna be? said Friendly.
?Yes? well it comes from years of practice? something which now Speedy has become very accustomed too??
?Whistler! Where are you! Whistler!? shouted Speedy from a distance.
?Oh no? got to fly Friendly? see you soon? Said Whistler as he began to fly off.
Friendly then walked over to the near by stream and followed it to the outskirts of the park, to the place where Bold died. He sat down and started to speak?
?I?m sorry? I?m so sorry Bold. Forgive me??
LadyFox
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant short stories Andy, very juicey Wink. Are you going to do anymore? Smile

P.S: Sorry I didn't reply sooner Embarassed.

Just thought I'd use something more, relative! Very Happy
Andy

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyFox wrote:
Brilliant short stories Andy, very juicey Wink. Are you going to do anymore? Smile

P.S: Sorry I didn't reply sooner Embarassed.

I have one more to write, it's a scene between Fox and Vixen.
LadyFox
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOoooo! Can't wait Very Happy

Andy

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox and Vixen

?Perhaps this was a mistake? said Fox.
?And what would that be? asked Vixen.
?Ah you know, moving to a different part of the park, we barley see anyone anymore? said Fox.
?It was your decision? you wanted to move here for some peace and quiet, away from the big crowds, and now you?re moaning about not seeing anyone? said Vixen.
?I?m not moaning? I?m complaining? there?s a difference, I do like some visitors though? said Fox.
?Even the Weasels?? asked Vixen
?Well?. Err probably not? Charmer and Friendly could pop by from time to time, see their old Dad. Plucky barely drops by, I see more of Trey than them lot, and I don?t really like him?
Fox looked up to the moonlight and sighed. Vixen moved closer towards him, she realised something was wrong with him.
?What?s wrong Fox? What was the real reason for you wanting to be away from the others? You haven?t been the same ever since you stepped down as leader? and that was two years ago, so no more lies, and no more secrets. Tell me??
?? Have I wasted my time as leader? I don?t mean the journey from Farthing Wood to White deer park, it was necessary for me to be leader back then, I?m talking about from the moment we arrived here. I was practically begged to stay on as leader by everyone else, because we ran into another problem and as we went down the line we would encounter more problems not just Bad guys, but also problems within the Farthing Wood family? stated Fox.
?You feel that you made the wrong choices, and if you had the chance you?d do things very differently?? asked Vixen
?If I hadn?t had focused so much time and attention on ?Scarface? and ?Bully?, I would have had more time to look at problems within the family. I would have seen Dreamer grow up, I would have been there for Bold when he needed me the most and I wouldn?t have lost my dearest friend in the world just before he died? said Fox.
?What about the good things which have happened because of you, defeating Scarface bringing peace to the park, keeping us all safe when the poachers were hunting, defeating Bully and the other rats. You have accomplished so much in your life, fair enough? we loose some of our loved ones along the way, but that?s life. It doesn?t make life simpler or easier knowing that, but it makes you more determined to make it to the end?
Vixen then muzzled Fox very affectionately.
?I love you, you know that? said Vixen.
?I love you too? I can?t imagine a day without you?? said Fox.
The night sky was filled with stars and the moonlight suddenly seemed brighter, even after all these years together there is still love? their bond will never be broken.
LadyFox
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, that's lovely Andy. That really made me think about what Fox has done when he was leader. It made me appriciate him more. Fantastic stuff! Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aofw.Org Forum Index -> The Animals of Farthing Wood All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: