Aofw.Org Forum Index
Thanks to Nurohila for the image!
Aofw.Org
The Aofw.Org community board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesCharacter ProfileCharacter Profile   Log inLog in 
Welcome to the forum for Aofw.Org!

The Book Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aofw.Org Forum Index -> The Animals of Farthing Wood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: The Book Series Reply with quote

Its occurred to me that we've not really talked about the book series, basically where the Animals of Farthing Wood started. Even though I've got some of the books, it would help if we all pooled our knowledge of the books together.

Well, the original book was published in the late 70's and about 300 pages long. I loved the book and I remember the actual descriptions of the storyline in the book being very vivid (you could place yourself there). Great empathy too.

Anyone else want to add to the description?
LadyFox
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, definately Smile.

In the Book series, I could really feel the emotions that the animals went through, Fox and Vixen during the Hunt in particular, such adrenalin and fear.

The book i like the most, woiuld have to be "The Fox Cub Bold." You can really feel what he's going through from start to finish!

Just thought I'd use something more, relative! Very Happy
Michael
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The book i like the most, woiuld have to be "The Fox Cub Bold." You can really feel what he's going through from start to finish!

Oh? Do expand on that.
LadyFox
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Quote:

Oh? Do expand on that.

Well, for example, when he gets shot in the leg, Colin Dann describes really well the shearing pain that rushes through him. And when he guides Whisper back to the park, you can really feel that he's about to drop his clogs at any minute. Aww, and it's so touching at the end. To be honest, I think the ending to the book has alot more feeling and emotion when compared to the series.

Just thought I'd use something more, relative! Very Happy
Michael
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyFox wrote:
Michael wrote:
Quote:

Oh? Do expand on that.

Well, for example, when he gets shot in the leg, Colin Dann describes really well the shearing pain that rushes through him. And when he guides Whisper back to the park, you can really feel that he's about to drop his clogs at any minute. Aww, and it's so touching at the end. To be honest, I think the ending to the book has alot more feeling and emotion when compared to the series.

I know what you mean. Although the TV series does try and show this, the series was aimed at children. The book series was meant to be more dramatic than that.
Baree

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Books are (almost) always better then their translation to the big (or small) screen. However, the episode in season 2 where Bold dies is still my favourite episode. Even if the book is better, the episode still shows a lot of emotion.

EDIT: Geez, that avatar image really didn't scan well. I oughta change it sometime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aofw.Org Forum Index -> The Animals of Farthing Wood All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: