Aofw.Org Forum Index
Thanks to Nurohila for the image!
Aofw.Org
The Aofw.Org community board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesCharacter ProfileCharacter Profile   Log inLog in 
Welcome to the forum for Aofw.Org!

Exciting News

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you buy the DVD?
Yes, I can't wait *squeals*
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
No, I don't like French.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

EmmalenaFox
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Exciting News Reply with quote

Very Happy As many of you may not be aware, I reccently emailed EBU to find out if we could distribute for non commerical use the series on DVD. And I am excited to tell you that while we may not, they are in fact: Making a DVD although it is initally only in French. I am going to get in contact with the BBC about this matter to invest in the English production and will keep you all informed of my progress. Here is a copy of the email I recieved from EBU.

Dear Emmalena,

Thanks for your e-mail and for your enthusiasm regarding the series Animals of Farthing Wood.

There are plans to make DVDs but as far as I know only in French for the moment (I need to check if there will be an English version available on the same DVD) and they’re not ready yet. The actual home video and distribution rights are presently owned by BBC Worldwide so it would not be possible for you to distribute the series via your website. I would suggest you get in contact with them directly. And if I’m aware of an English version DVD being released, I’ll definitely let you know.

Best regards.

Nadja

******Farthing Wood FoxesForever******

Wife of Remeus Lupin and Friend to one and all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michael
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Exciting News Reply with quote

EmmalenaFox wrote:
Very Happy As many of you may not be aware, I reccently emailed EBU to find out if we could distribute for non commerical use the series on DVD. And I am excited to tell you that while we may not, they are in fact: Making a DVD although it is initally only in French. I am going to get in contact with the BBC about this matter to invest in the English production and will keep you all informed of my progress. Here is a copy of the email I recieved from EBU.

Dear Emmalena,

Thanks for your e-mail and for your enthusiasm regarding the series Animals of Farthing Wood.

There are plans to make DVDs but as far as I know only in French for the moment (I need to check if there will be an English version available on the same DVD) and they’re not ready yet. The actual home video and distribution rights are presently owned by BBC Worldwide so it would not be possible for you to distribute the series via your website. I would suggest you get in contact with them directly. And if I’m aware of an English version DVD being released, I’ll definitely let you know.

Best regards.

Nadja

That is great news to hear, even though it is not in English yet (unless it is mutl-lingual). It does however also show that we cannot do episode downloads at all (unless we want the site being sued by the Beeb).

Well, it seems the push for it begins here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aofw.Org Forum Index -> Site Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: