Aofw.Org Forum Index
Thanks to Nurohila for the image!
Aofw.Org
The Aofw.Org community board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesCharacter ProfileCharacter Profile   Log inLog in 
Welcome to the forum for Aofw.Org!

Aofw.Org 5.02 shutdown

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Aofw.Org 5.02 shutdown Reply with quote

Heya Everyone!

Well, you may have noticed that Aofw.Org 5.02 is down and replaced with something that looks like its from A Space Odyssey 2000. I'll explain.

5.02 has been the longest running look of the site ranging from the 31st of September 2006 till the 20th of November 2008. Of course various improvements were made (and hosts changed) but this is the longest out of them all.

It was the first ever site that was written with a good understanding of HTML and was PHP driven to a good extent, so it was always fun and interesting. It suffered from flaws of course but it was a good thing in the end. It achieved over 17000 hits on the index page and must have gotten over 2GB worth of traffic in its run, possibly more.

However, all things must come to a end at some point and so, I took down the site before the 1st of December. Officially, its to allow me to clean up the sites hosting area but unofficially, its to allow me to get the new look running even better with some kind of big, 1024x768 pictured hint.

I guess I'd better do some work, so I'll seeya all on the net!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aofw.Org Forum Index -> Site Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: