Aofw.Org Forum Index
Thanks to Nurohila for the image!
Aofw.Org
The Aofw.Org community board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesCharacter ProfileCharacter Profile   Log inLog in 
Welcome to the forum for Aofw.Org!

Foxfan's Fanfiction Stories
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aofw.Org Forum Index -> The Animals of Farthing Wood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyFox
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's fine for me thank you! Very Happy

Just thought I'd use something more, relative! Very Happy
Foxfan1992

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finished it already, so enjoy!!! Cool Laughing

Fox Finds Out

In the past few stories, Charmer, Adder and Russet had young, however nobody knew about Charmer’s cubs except for herself and Ranger, and only Adder and Lithe knew about their young. Until one day when Friendly went to see how his sister was. Of course he still lived in cautiousness of Ranger, but not quite what he used to be like; he was no longer aggressive with his sister’s mate, even though he was blue he had a good nature, and that was what Friendly soon realized after meeting Russet. Now he had five cubs to look after, and the minority still needed names.
He arrived at his sister’s earth to find Charmer surrounded by three cubs, all of them asleep, and Ranger was nearby, he was asleep too.
Friendly was shocked, neither of them had told anybody about their cub’s birth as far as he knew, but he realized that he had managed to either get himself or somebody else into trouble by spying on others, and so decided upon himself to be quiet about it. He left and decided to come back later, to help pass the time he thought about doing a spot of hunting. And then he remembered something from his childhood. He had been taught by his mother and father to hunt, and so he thought why not bring the whole family of his along for a session of hunting. When he arrived back to his and Russet’s earth he announced to Russet the idea. She agreed.
“Come along cubs! We’re going hunting!” Russet called to her cubs.
All of them were eager for some excitement, so they went with Russet and Friendly to Fox and Vixen’s earth, where they were going to teach the cubs target practice.
Russet found a pinecone for them to begin with, and placed it neatly in-between Friendly and herself.
“What’s going on Friendly?” Asked Fox, who had just awoken from his morning nap.
“Ah, Father” Friendly said as he walked over to his father. “We’re teaching our cubs how to hunt” Friendly replied
“That’s good” Said Fox
“What are they doing?” Asked Vixen, who had also awoken from her nap.
“They’re teaching their cubs how to hunt” Said Fox “Like we did with Bold, Charmer, Dreamer and Friendly”
“Oh, maybe we could join in?” Asked Vixen
“With pleasure!” Said Russet
And so, Fox, Vixen, Friendly and Russet taught the cubs how to pounce on prey successfully, and also how to sneak up on prey and take it by surprise.
Then they decided to hunt some real prey, field mice seemed to be just the ticket for young hunters.
Most of the cubs did pretty well at hunting the mice, until one of them strayed too far into a thorn-bush, and managed to come out with a large thorn impaled in his paw. It was Friendly Junior.
When his father saw this, he tried to pull it out himself, but he couldn’t, it was stuck deep inside.
Friendly panicked, he didn’t know what to do, he reported it to Fox, who advised him to go to the warden; he’d know how to get a thorn out of a paw.
Friendly agreed, and then took Friendly Junior to the warden’s cottage (By the scruff of the neck), where they waited for a while before the Warden’s cat came out.
“Oh and what have we got here may I ask?” Said Cat
“It’s my son, we were teaching him how to hunt and then he managed to get a thorn in his paw, and we cannot get it out” Friendly explained calmly to Cat.
Cat yowled in his specific way to ‘bring the warden running’, and the warden came out of the house, he noticed the young fox cub with a thorn impaled in his front-right paw.
“Oh you poor thing!” Said the Warden to Friendly Junior, who was nearly fainting of agony.
“Let’s see your paw” He said calmly
The thorn was soon out of Friendly Junior’s paw. Then the warden noticed that Friendly was also about, he jumped a bit but soon recovered, this fox meant no harm, even if it was his cub that he’d just touched.
Friendly and Friendly Junior left the Warden’s cottage and returned to where the other cubs were with Russet.
“Is he all right?” Asked Russet
“Thanks to the Warden, he’s fine” Said Friendly
“Oh, thank goodness!” Sighed Russet
“I think I’ve had quite enough of hunting like that for the time being” Said Friendly Junior
Mystery was still hunting the field mice, she was rather good at it, and she managed to catch quite a few.
“Look mother!” She called proudly. She had caught five field mice, all of them in a neat pile.
“That’s excellent Mystery!” Russet said to her encouragingly. “You’ll be a great hunter!”
Mystery beamed proudly at her mother’s strong encouragement.
Pace was also doing pretty well, he’d caught three mice and had put them into a pile beside Mystery’s one.
“That’s wonderful Pace, keep up the good work!” Said Friendly
Friendly junior decided to catch a few mice himself. He succeeded.
“That’s good!” Russet encouraged him, he had caught two more mice plus the first one he had chased into the thorn bush and killed made three.
The other two cubs were also chasing mice, they weren’t as good as their siblings, but had caught two mice each.
“That’s not bad!” Russet praised them.
“Well Friendly, your cubs seem to be good hunters!” Vixen said “You did pretty well at their age too” She continued
Shadow, Hurkle and Mossy had come for a visit.
“What’s going on here?” Hurkle asked politely
“We’re teaching our cubs how to hunt” Said Russet
“I wonder how Bold managed to survive in the wilderness” Friendly said to himself.
“He was friends with me, he saved my life from a gamekeeper’s trap, that’s what caused his eye injury” Shadow replied, who had overheard him. “He was very good at catching pheasants for me and himself actually” Shadow continued
“My poor Bold” Vixen sighed
“You’ve still got me, and Charmer” Friendly tried to comfort Vixen.
“I’m glad you escaped that fire” Vixen replied. “Loosing you as well would have made me drown in tears”
“Oh mother” Friendly nuzzled her to cheer her up a bit. “Charmer and I are still here, and you’ve got even more family now that Russet and I have had cubs”
“Watching your cubs reminds me of when you, Bold, Charmer and Dreamer were playing together” Vixen said softly
“I think that’s enough hunting for now, do you want to run along and play?” Asked Russet
“Yes please mother!” Pace Said, who was eager to have some fun with his siblings.
So Fox, Vixen, Friendly, Russet and all five of the cubs went along to play at Fox and Vixen’s earth.
“I think I’ll go and see Charmer, I haven’t seen her recently have you?” Fox asked Vixen
“No, I haven’t seen her in ages” Said Vixen “I hope nothing’s wrong”
So Fox went off to see Charmer.
He found Charmer surrounded by 3 cubs in her earth, 2 blue and one red.
“Hello father” Said Charmer welcomingly
“So you’ve had your cubs now” Said Fox in reply
“Indeed, aren’t they gorgeous?” Charmer said to her father
“They’re beautiful Charmer, Congratulations!” Said Fox
“Thank you father” Said Charmer
“Have you named them yet?” Fox asked
“No, not yet, they’re too young” Said Ranger, who had just caught a mouse for Charmer.
“I understand” Said Fox “May I tell the others?”
“No, they’re too young to be hassled and bustled about” Said Ranger
“Alright, we’ll I’ll see you later Charmer” Fox said
“Is Charmer all right with Ranger?” Asked Vixen when Fox got back to their earth.
“She’s fine, and so is Ranger” Fox replied
“Oh good, I was getting worried” Vixen said in relief “I wonder where Whisper’s gotten too, we haven’t seen her recently” She said
“That’s a good question” Said Fox
Whisper had gone to search for another mate. Plucky had wanted to go with her, but she said that the leader of the Farthing Wood animals needed to remain inside White Deer Park. So he had done, for everyone’s sake.
Plucky turned up at Fox’s earth.
“Ah, Plucky, have you seen your mother lately?” Vixen asked
“She’s gone to search for another mate” Plucky answered
“As I thought” Fox said to himself
The cubs were having a wrestling match; it was Pace vs. Friendly junior; needless to say it was Pace who won this match.
Next it was Mystery’s turn, she almost managed to beat him, but at the last second she was bowled over by Pace’s strong body.
“You’re very strong all of a sudden!” Mystery said to her brother.
“I know; I’m a strong wrestler!” Pace replied smugly
“Now don’t get too carried away Pace!” Friendly said to his son. “I once had a brother who became too confident for his own good”
“You mean my father? Bold?” Asked Plucky
“Yes Plucky, I do” Friendly said to his nephew “I remember my cub years only too well” He continued “That reminds me, has anybody seen Adder recently?”
“Didn’t you see her recently?” Asked Plucky
“Last time I saw her was two months ago” Friendly answered
“What reminded you of Adder?” Asked Plucky
“I remember Bold loved to juggle things, he tried it on Adder one day” Friendly replied
“Oh, but he wasn’t that bad of a brother to you was he?” Plucky asked
“I was humiliated by him, and the annoying thing was he got away with it every time!” Friendly half-shouted
At that very moment, Adder turned up, with 12 young Adders!
“Adder! You’ve had-” Fox stuttered
“I know I have, and aren’t they beautiful!” Adder grinned
“What are their names?” Asked Plucky
“Their names are Criss, Calypso, and Sirius; I haven’t named the others yet” Said Adder
“They’re so cute!” Vixen said to Adder, all the young snakes were standing in a neat line.
“I’m planning on killing that Bully rat! Once my young are big enough” Adder said in reply menacingly.
Meanwhile, Bully and Mag were having their young too, in the old rat headquarters.
“O’ well done Mag me love!” Said Bully to his mate, who’d just given birth to three white rats.
“What are we going to do now Boss?” Asked Brat
“Idiot Sewer Rat! We’re going to raise them here! Then we’re going to call in our old troops and have another attempt at the park!” Bully grinned evilly.
“But you said-!” Began Brat, but Bully interrupted him
“I know I said that we were going to go back to the sewers once our young had grown up, but I’ve changed my mind! We shall all live like a Royal Family in this lovely park!” Bully grinned, with wide eyes like a cat after it’s prey.
“Same system as before?” Asked Brat
“Certainly not! We shall do it undercover, and attack the animals in our park as soon as we have big enough numbers. And remain out of their way until then!” Bully replied to Brat’s suggestion. He then laughed a terrible laugh that echoed off the walls of the headquarters. His eyes as red as a vampire’s eyes.
The next few months in White Deer Park, were to be the toughest the Farthing Wood animals had ever imagined…

Oh Blimey! It seems Bully has a trick or two of his own hidden up in his head!
Bat-Snake

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Great story, and let-know about baby snakes Reply with quote

Again, niiiice job!

Just to let all you other guys know, Criss, Calypso, and Sirius are MY CHARACTERS that I let Foxfan use Smile . Lithe is a character of Thorn too. There are others, but I can't list them all.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Bat-SnakesSignature.jpg

Thanks, Ladyfox!
My Website (dedicated to Adder and Sinuous):
http://www.freewebs.com/bat-snake/

My DA
http://bat-snake.deviantart.com/
LadyFox
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Foxfan! Your Fan fic keeps getting better and better! Very Happy

And Bat-Snake, I was wondering where those characters camefrom, they're great names! Fox Grin

Bat-Snake

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criss was named after one of my friends in California (her name was spelled Cris); Calypso was just something that popped into my mind when I was coming up with names, but in Greek mythology, Calypso was a nymph and the daughter of Atlas (and possibly the love of Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean Surprised !), and then Sirius was originally Cirrus. Cirrus was a mini Adder in color and personality, but he had a moustashe like his dad when he got older Razz . Then, he became Sirius and is an exact Sinuous clone. Sirius did not come from Harry Potter by the way. I just liked the name.

Thanks, Ladyfox!

My DA
LadyFox
Site Admin

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bat-Snake wrote:
Criss was named after one of my friends in California (her name was spelled Cris); Calypso was just something that popped into my mind when I was coming up with names, but in Greek mythology, Calypso was a nymph and the daughter of Atlas (and possibly the love of Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean Surprised !), and then Sirius was originally Cirrus. Cirrus was a mini Adder in color and personality, but he had a moustashe like his dad when he got older Razz . Then, he became Sirius and is an exact Sinuous clone. Sirius did not come from Harry Potter by the way. I just liked the name.

Yeah, Iwas beginning to wonder about Sirius,but now that you've explained it, I now longer suspect! Very Happy Wasn't Calypso also the name of like a lolly Ice? Because it sound very familiar an we had such a name for a Lolly Ice Razz. Oh well, I still think they're cool names. Fox Grin

Foxfan1992

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're thinking of is called a Callipo, I love those! But you can't get them in the US or Canada, the guys here are all fascinated about Drumsticks and Fudgesicles! I prefer a good old Cornetto or Twister!
Well anyway, I think that maybe Thorn (From the fw.net forum), Batsnake and myself should create episodes together...
I like creating these, but I've just run out of ideas for the time being...
Perhaps Batsnake, Thorn and myself could make 13 episodes between us? That would be 6 for me, Thorn's done one, and Batsnake could produce about 3 or 4 couldn't you? That makes 10/11. Or perhaps we could "join forces" and create episodes together. I've already created three, Thorn's done the first, and then we can do more together, since you have the greatest idea for the snakes, i have the greatest ideas for the foxes, and Thorn has the greatest ideas for all the characters...

I think that would be a good idea!
Foxfan1992
Bat-Snake

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost did a miraculous return for one of my episodes, but...then I inspired Foxfan Laughing . That's okay. He now has TWO miraculous returns coming up. Eee! I can't waaait! (By the way, I have another added scene for "Scared Silly by Snakes" coming up for your added/edited scenes).

Thanks, Ladyfox!

My DA
Foxfan1992

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a bit busy, so I'm now behind at story writing here! Well anyway, not anymore! Here is the next story, episode no.5! "Back from the dead, twice"!

Back from the dead, twice

Plucky and Dash were having a race with Dash’s leverets. It was a fine mid-summer morning, just right for a race. All of Dash’s leverets were fleet footed, they flashed past Toad and Spike at an alarming rate.
“Goodness me, mateys!” Toad croaked “Whatever happened to speed limits?”
“You can say that again; err, matey!” Spike replied, feeling dizzy after so many hares had run past on both sides of him.
Then they both heard a rumbling noise, they both recognized this as their friend Mossy tunneling underneath them.
“He’ll come up here!” Said Toad
“No, here, right here!” Squeaked Spike
“No, no, no! Here!” Toad croaked
“Here I am!” Squeaked Mossy, he had surfaced right in-between Toad and Spike, who were only about 10 inches apart.
“Oh, so we were both right!” Said Spike
“You both win!” Said Mossy
“Ha-ha, now that’s the first time that’s happened matey!” Toad remarked
Meanwhile, Fox and Vixen were just waking from their slumber; they were glad that their cubs were getting on with life fairly well now that the wars were at last, over. Or that’s what they thought. Unknown to any of the White Deer Park or Farthing Wood animals, Bully was rebuilding his army, but of course, he wasn’t doing it so the inhabitants of White Deer Park could see it.
“Don’t you think that perhaps Bully is not here to live in harmony?” Fox asked his mate, Vixen.
“Don’t worry yourself dear, I’m perfectly sure they’ll have nothing to do with us” Vixen replied to try and calm him down.
“I hope that’s the way it is” Said Fox.
“Still, our family’s growing isn’t it!” Vixen Said “Friendly and Russet had their cubs, Charmer and Ranger are bound to have theirs soon…, I haven’t seen them recently” Vixen continued
Charmer and Ranger were just preparing for bringing their cubs to see their grandparents; they were two months old now. Ranger and Charmer went to look outside to see if it was safe when…
“Just a minute” Said Ranger “Is that…?”
“Is that what?” Asked Charmer, interrupting.
“Is that your brother, Bold?” Asked Ranger
“What?” Asked Charmer
“Outside, it looks like Bold” Ranger replied
Charmer looked out of the burrow, and sure enough, there was her brother, the one she had thought dead.
“Bold!” She gasped
“Hello Charmer” Said Bold
“I, I thought you were dead! I saw you, you died, wha--, what’s going on?” She suddenly realized that she must be seeing and hearing things, but then how could she be, since Ranger had saw him too!
“You see Charmer, I pretended to be dead, just so that I could regain my health elsewhere, it wasn’t easy, but I did have some help from Crow” Said Bold
“Oh now it all makes sense!” Said Charmer
“The warden saw me and managed to remove the bullet from my leg” Said Bold
“Oh it’s so good to see you!” Said Charmer “Shall we go to our parents’ den? I was going to take my cubs there anyway”
“Wha- Cubs?” Said Bold, astonished
“Yes Bold, my cubs” She said “Come on Ranger, bring the little ones out” Charmer said to her mate
“Ranger? I remember him; he’s the one I ran into when I was exploring Scarface’s land” Said Bold
“In fact, if it wasn’t for Bold, I would never have met Charmer” Said Ranger, bringing the cubs with him.
“Scarface is long dead” Said Charmer
“Oh good, I never want to run into him again” Bold replied “Shall we go to our parents’ den then?” Said Bold
“Oh they’ll be so pleased to see you!” Said Charmer
When they finally arrived, Fox and Vixen could not believe their eyes!
“B-bold?” Stuttered Vixen, clearly startled.
“Yes mother, it’s me” Said Bold
Vixen was so surprised to see her son, the one she had thought dead. And then she noticed Charmer and Ranger had their cubs too.
“Charmer? Are those your cubs?” Asked Vixen
“Yes they are, and aren’t they gorgeous?” Charmer answered
“I-uh, Congratulations!” Vixen said
“How are my cubs?” Asked Bold
“You only have one Bold, but he is an astonishingly fast runner” Said Fox
Just then Plucky, Dash and her leverets ran into the Hollow.
“Who’s this?” Asked Plucky
“This is your father, Bold” Said Fox
“Father?” Asked Plucky
“Yes my son, I’m sorry I’ve been away so long” Bold apologized to his son, whom he had only just met.
“Tell us your story Bold” Said Vixen
So Bold told his story to them how he had pretended to die, and then crept away to the Warden’s hut after they left, with crow feeding him because he was too weak to hunt for himself. The Warden managed to find a way to remove the bullet from his leg, and he then regained strength. This was when he decided to return into White Deer Park, he had to see how his mate and cubs were managing.
“That was very sneaky” Said Charmer
“Just like me isn’t it!” Bold replied “Oh, where’s Whisper?” He said
“She’s gone to search for another mate, since she thought you were dead” Plucky said
“Oh, I see” Said Bold. Charmer could see that he was a little put out.
“Don’t worry Bold, she might not find one” Said Charmer
Then they heard a very familiar “Kee! Kee!” It was Kestrel.
“There’s a tribe of red foxes approaching the park” She told the astonished animals below. “Whisper’s with them” She continued
“So it seems she did find a mate” Said Charmer
“A strong one too by the sound of it” Sighed Bold
Whisper then came into the Hollow, with nine other red foxes.
“Bold? I thought you were dead!” She said to her old mate.
“You mean it was a lie?!” Said a huge muscular fox, who had a strong French accent. In appearance he looked like a red version of Scarface, but without the Scar on the right eye.
“No Napoleon, you don’t understand-!” Began Whisper, but Fox interrupted.
“Napoleon?” Said Fox
“That’s right, my name’s Napoleon, I’m the leader of my tribe” Said Napoleon, pompously.
“I’m the Farthing Wood Fox” Said Fox to Napoleon
“Ah, the famous Farthing Wood Fox, the leader of the Farthing Wood animals.
“Well I used to be, but since I’ve grown old, I’ve allowed my grandson Plucky to be my successor” Fox said
“Didn’t you tell me that your old mate had died?” Napoleon Asked Whisper
“That’s what I thought” Said Whisper
“Well I suppose I’ll have to let you return to your old mate, but that means I’ll have to search for another one” Napoleon sighed
“I understand, but I must return to my old mate now” Said Whisper
And with that, Napoleon and his tribe left the Hollow, and made for the new area of the park.
“Bold? I’ve got something to tell you” Whisper said “Urgently”
Meanwhile, Adder was teaching her young how to kill prey, all of them were extremely good at it, and Adder wasn’t surprised, since both Sinuous and herself were extremely good hunters and rat-killers.
Just then, she saw Sinuous, swimming in the pond. She nodded and turned back to her young and then... Sinuous swimming in the pond? That couldn’t be right. She turned towards him to get a better look, and sure enough, it was Sinuous.
“Sssinuoussss!” She called out
“Who’s Sssinuousss? Asked Sirius
“Sssinuousss is your father” Adder replied
“I thought you were killed by the ratsss” Adder Gasped
“I wasss my dear Adder, or almossst” Sinuous hissed, coming out of the pond. “Why do you worry about me ssso much?”
“Well, thessse are our young!” Said Adder. Sinuous smiled. “They’re gorgeous, Adder,” He said. Criss blushed modestly.
“Congratulationsss brother!” Said Lithe
“Thank you Lithe, thank you” Said Sinuous, casually.
“Ssshall we teach them to kill sssome ratsss?” Asked Sinuous
“I’m already doing ssso, but I know jussst the one to kill” Said Adder
“Me too my dear” Sinuous replied “Me too!”
Meanwhile on the newer side of the park, Napoleon’s tribe had found a large earth in which to settle into. Napoleon was true to his name, he had made many promises to other animals he had met, and nearly all of them had been broken. He was a true sly and cunning fox, but were the other foxes in the park more sly and cunning than him? This was what he feared.
“I hope I can conquer this park successfully” He said to his assistant, Lafayette.
“You should be able to do so, Napoleon, no problem!” Lafayette replied
“Yes but the Farthing Wood Fox lives here, he’s a superbly cunning and brave fox” Napoleon replied
“Nobody could beat you” Lafayette said to reassure Napoleon about his sure to be victory.
“Perhaps, but the Farthing Wood Fox’s family now reaches a grand number of fifteen! We’re outnumbered in a fight.
“Oh do stop being such a Drama King” Said one of his female recruits. “Don’t turn like your predecessor, Louis.
“I’m only stating the obvious” Snapped Napoleon.
“We’re your troops, and some of us will be having cubs of our own soon! Then we’ll see who’s outnumbered!” The female recruit replied
“Ah, I’d forgotten about that. Of course we’ll win in a fight that way!” Napoleon answered.
At the Hollow, Fox and Vixen were worried about the new tribe of foxes, they didn’t know they were against them, but this was what was worrying them, as they didn’t know if they were with them either.
“I hope Napoleon’s tribe doesn’t turn against our family” Said Fox
“I hope so too, but don’t worry about it now” Vixen replied
“If they do turn against us, we’ll need reinforcements” Fox
“We have them outnumbered two to one” Said Vixen “Now do stop worrying or I’m going to think you’re suffering from paranoia!
“Yes but some of them will be having cubs within the next few days, and that is when we shall be outnumbered” Fox replied
“Let’s not worry about this now; there will be time to figure out what our new neighbors might be up to” Said Vixen “Why do you worry so much anyway?”
“I’ve heard about this Napoleon, his tribe is famous for being strong fighters, and he breaks many promises to other tribes, he’s dangerous” Fox explained
“Well, we know what to do when things turn that way, let’s get some sleep” Vixen said
And they both settled off to sleep, Fox still worrying about Napoleon’s tactics.
Friendly and Russet’s cubs were really growing up fast, they were now three months old, and were doing everything their parents were doing, even though sometimes they were playing their games. Their favourite was called “Tame the Fox”, which was where there was one of them in a circle they had drawn, and then the other cubs had to try and cross the circle without getting caught by the Tame Fox, if they were caught, then they became a Tame Fox too until all five of them were Tame Foxes, the last one to be caught was the Tame Fox in the next game.
“At least it keeps them busy” Said Russet
“It teaches them good skills too” Friendly replied
Just then, Charmer and Ranger bounded into view, with… Bold? Friendly just could not believe it. Even though it wasn’t Bold that sent him into ‘Unfriendly’ mode, Friendly knew what to expect.
“Friendly has cubs too?” Bold asked Charmer
Charmer nodded.
“All of them are supreme good hunters” Charmer replied
“They take after him then” Bold whispered to Charmer, who tried to hold down a nervous chuckle, but she couldn’t.
“What are you laughing at?” Friendly snapped.
“Nothing” Charmer replied quickly, she had no desire to flare her brother’s temper up.
Friendly and Bold glared at each other, they had always been rivals, either at wrestling or at who wasn’t the show-off. All the same, they both had decided to forget about this. They both seemed to be waiting for the other to say something.
“Something about this makes me feel uncomfortable” Charmer thought
They remained like that for ten more minutes until…
“Oh for goodness sake! I didn’t come back here to be ignored, or for you to remember all the bad times that we’ve had, because I want to forget about them as much as you do” Bold said to break the silence.
Friendly was shocked by his brother’s speech; he hadn’t expected this at all. Bold had ultimately changed. Even he was regretting the past.
“So it seems you’ve learnt your lesson then?” Friendly replied
“What is that supposed to mean?” Bold frowned “And yes I have”
“Will you two just drop and forget your old quarrel? You’re brothers, and the war between us and Scarface is long over!” Charmer interrupted
“I think I’m just going for a walk Russet” Friendly said to his mate.
“Alright pet, could you bring us something back to eat?” Russet asked “I feel rather hungry”
“Sure, it might take a bit of time though” Friendly replied “Come on Bold”
The two brothers then walked through part of the burnt section of the park.
“Whoa! What happened here?” Asked Bold, startled to see so much ash about in the previously gleaming park he knew.
“There was a fire here, everybody escaped it thankfully” Friendly answered
“I thought I heard there had been a fire in the park, you were the rescuer of the Weasel family weren’t you?” Bold teased
“I thought we were to forget our quarrel” Friendly snarled
“I’m only teasing!” Bold said quickly, who had no desire to start a true fight between his brother and himself.
“I thought you had learnt your lesson” Friendly sighed
“I have, I was only teasing, you seem to take everything too literally” Bold replied
“Oh, so it’s my fault is it?” Friendly snapped
“I didn’t say that!” Bold tried to calm his irate brother down.
“I don’t think there is any form of reconciliation for us on the horizon” Friendly sighed “We just seem to have too many bad memories together”
Bold thought about this, and his brother was right, but he did find a small solution to start them off.
“I have an idea! Perhaps we could hunt together, you know, to start us off” Bold suggested
“Now there’s a good idea” Friendly agreed “And I could catch Russet her meal at the same time!”
So they both broke into a trot, and ran to where Friendly and Russet had taught their cubs to hunt their first catch. Fieldmice were everywhere.
“I heard something about rats in the park” Bold said
“Yeah, they tried to overtake the park, but it seems our friends and family stopped them” Friendly replied
“Good thing too, I detest rats” Bold said “I had to live on them in the town with Whisper”
“Good for the rats that you weren’t here, they would have gone berserk if you’d turned up then” Friendly teased, he was feeling fully refreshed from his shock already.
“Feeling better already?” Asked Bold
“Perfectly; now shall we start hunting or are we going to starve?” Friendly chuckled sarcastically.
When they had caught to their satisfaction, they went back to Friendly and Russet’s earth. Russet was quick to show her gratification.
“Oh thanks pet!” Russet said to Friendly
“What better for my beautiful mate?” Friendly replied
“Aw you’re too kind to me!” Russet said good-heartedly.
“Oh, Friendly!” Bold called, who had just remembered something
“Yes Bold?” Friendly answered
“There’s a tribe of foxes in the park again” Bold said
“I know, Lady Blue and her rabble of blue foxes of course” Friendly replied
“No, a tribe of red foxes” Bold said
“Red foxes?” Friendly said in bewilderment
“The leader calls himself Napoleon, he’s a strong muscular fox, and Whisper says he wishes to take over White Deer Park” Bold replied
“He can wish all he likes, he’s outnumbered” Friendly reasoned
“Until the other mates have cubs, in a few days time” Bold said
“What? It’s way past the mating season, it’s nearly summer!” Friendly exclaimed
“I know, but his tribe doesn’t follow the rules of nature, according to Whisper” Bold said.
“That’s weird, why?” Asked Friendly
“They’ve had some sort of revolution, now they are free to do whatever they like, and don’t have to follow the rules of nature” Bold answered
“That’s silly” Friendly replied
“Perhaps, but they’re no concern of ours” Bold said
“Well, do you want to meet the family?” Asked Friendly, deciding to change the subject.
“Eh? Oh yes of course!” Bold replied
“Russet, I’d like you to meet my brother, Bold” Friendly introduced his brother to his mate.
“Your brother? I thought you said he died?” Russet replied
“I know I did, but he didn’t really; and he’s changed, for the better” Friendly reassured his mate
“Oh, ok then” Russet replied
“This one’s just like you” Bold said
“Eh, yeah, that’s Friendly junior” Friendly replied
“Oh, a junior in the family eh?” Bold chuckled, tickling Friendly junior’s chin.
“Don’t do that, I don’t like it” Friendly junior said rather irritably to Bold.
“Oh, so sorry” Bold said “Strangely like you isn’t he Friendly”
“This is your Uncle, Bold; you’ve never met him before” Friendly said to his junior son.
“Did you say Bold?” Asked Pace, running up to them.
“Yeah, my long-lost brother” Friendly said
“Oh don’t do that, you’re embarrassing me!” Bold chortled
“Well, this is a good step-up to reconciliation” Friendly replied
“Who’s up for a game of wrestling?” One of the other cubs said
“I am!” Pace said, always up for a good game of action.
“He’s strangely like I used to be, conceited and curious” Bold murmured into Friendly’s ear.
“Pace can be conceited when he needs to be, but he’s a rather good cub” Friendly said.
“Come on Lucky! Mystery said to encourage the challenger.
“Oh, Lucky is the other red cub, and Mystery is the one that looks like our sister, Dreamer” Friendly explained
“Why Lucky?” Asked Bold
“We almost lost him once, but we found him just before he fell into the stream. He was playing with a butterfly apparently, and then he nearly fell in there” Friendly explained
“Ah, that’s why” Bold replied, fully convinced now that it was a good name.
“Hey, why don’t we join in?” He asked his brother
“Join in what?” Friendly said in bewilderment
“Wrestling silly!” Bold chuckled
“Feeling rather playful now after seeing my little ones are you now?” Asked Friendly
“Why indeed! Now come along!” Bold said
So Bold and Friendly wrestled together like they did years and years ago, they both actually enjoyed it, even the cubs found it amusing to see their elders playing together like young cubs.
“You’ve grown rather strong since I left haven’t you!” Bold said to his brother
“No, I think it’s just because you lost a bit of your strength from the journey back with Whisper” Friendly answered
“You would have lost strength as well after my adventures, especially after being shot in the leg-“Bold started, but then….
“Shot in the leg?” Friendly exclaimed. They both fell to the ground with a sickening crash; both feeling rather dazed after the impact.
Then they noticed two figures approaching behind them, it was Fox and Vixen.
“Oh dear, they caught us playing like cubs!” Bold sighed.
“Well it’s all your fault!” Friendly snapped
“Hey whoa! It’s not all that embarrassing, maybe they didn’t even notice” Bold said
“Old memories, eh?” Asked Fox
“Well it seems they did notice” Friendly snapped back
“Look, we were only playing, and playing is something we can always do, we’re not too old yet.” Bold replied calmly
Just then, they saw a sight that always brought good spirits, it was Plucky and Dash having a race, with Dash’s leverets.
They skidded to a halt right in front of Bold and Friendly.
“Want to join in?” Asked Dash
“I’d love to! Fancy a race?” Bold asked Friendly
“Well we just wrestled didn’t we?” Friendly said
“Obviously we did, but you can never have too much fun in one day, come on!” Bold said
Friendly gave in.
“Alright, but where to?” He asked
“To the pond perhaps?” Plucky suggested
“Good idea, son” Bold replied “Come on Friendly!”
They all assembled into starting positions, and then they took off.
“I wish I could have such fun in my life again” Fox said to Vixen
“Yes well, we’re too old for that sort of fun” Vixen replied
“What fun can we have then?” Asked Fox
“Maybe some hunting?” Vixen suggested
“Good idea!” Fox replied.
And so while Friendly, Bold, Plucky and Dash and the leverets were racing to the pond, Fox and Vixen decided to have some fun of their own.
Meanwhile, Toad was swimming in the pond. Then he stopped seeing something he thought was near-impossible. Was that Bold racing with Friendly, Plucky and Dash? Bold would not have a very good memory of him, so he decided to wait before greeting him. He looked to another part of the pond and saw twelve young snakes (Adder had not shown them to Toad yet). They looked remarkably similar to Adder and Sinuous. He assumed they were Adder’s, because she was carefully watching them with…Sinuous? He came over to them.
“Oh, here comesss Toady now.” Adder said. Toad was shocked now that he was SURE Sinuous was with Adder. “I…I thought you were dead! I SAW that rat strangle you Matey!” Toad looked behind him and saw the young snakes bickering with Lithe. “That rat wasss ssstrong, but not ssstrong enough,” Sinuous said. “I fainted by the time you sssaw me “die”.” He continued. Adder looked at him. “Why didn’t you come and find me?” She asked. “The Warden’sss cat found me and took me to hisss lodge; when I woke up I was there. The Warden found out that the new sanctuary was short one adder, ssso,” He shook the thought away. “I wasss devastated when I found out where I wasss. When the hurricane came through, I was worried you were killed.” Adder smiled. “I’m glad you care ssso much, Sinuous.” She said. “You were carrying my young! Of courssse I cared!” Sinuous replied
Toad laughed. “I KNEW those little sprouts looked like you two!” The snakes glared. “Sorry.” The young snakes returned to their parents and curled up between them. “Well, I’ve got to run,” Toad said. He was right about to leave when he said, “Being snakes, you’re lucky to have twelve. I have reason for saying that, I mean, I’m a toad! Think about the very NUMBER of tadpoles!” He chuckled nervously. “Jussst go!” Adder spat. Toad jumped back to the pond. Adder looked at her young (who fell asleep), then Sinuous. “Well, it’sss been a big day,” She said. “After we get sssome sssleep, I’ll introduce you to the owls, kestrels, and weaselsss.” Adder continued, as Sinuous curled around her and his young. “I look forward to it.” He said. The snakes fell asleep. It had been a long day for everyone, and in the next months, they would seem longer. There would be enemies invading the park-old and new.
Foxfan1992

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange Things

Weasel and Measly were having another argument, this time about where they had left the twins, Fido and Cleo.
“I’m sure I left them right here!” Measly exclaimed
“Useless Twerp! You can’t even remember where you left the stones to throw at the rats! Let alone our little ones” Weasel yelled
“I know I left them right here with Rollo!” Measly shouted
“That useless mutt, I’m going to brew up a complete storm before long!” Weasel roared “Thunder and Lightning will rage on in White Deer Park, and all shall perish in the destruction!”
“And that is the end of the weather forecast” Measly muttered to himself
“I’m going to blow a hurricane over you if you don’t shut up!” Weasel snapped
“There they are!” Measly sighed with relief. Fido and Cleo were playing about with the stones they had collected to throw at the rats. They were throwing them at the red squirrels instead.
“Take that! And that!” Cleo chuckled
“Yeah! The siege of the squirrels!” Fido chortled
“And just what are you lot up to?” Said a stern voice, it was Plucky
“We’re having fun!” Cleo laughed
“Where’s Rollo?” Weasel demanded
“We dunno, he said he had to go” Fido said
“Now I’m really going to brew up a storm; leaving my little weasels all alone in the forest!” Weasel stormed off in the direction of their burrow, fuming.
“Weasel’s in a bad mood this morning isn’t she?” Plucky said to Measly
“Oh indeed she is, don’t know why though” Measly replied rather feebly.
Friendly and Russet were looking for some of their cubs too, Pace, Lucky and Friendly Junior were missing.
“I’m sure I saw them over there, playing” Russet said huskily, worried for her cubs’ safety
Then something dashed past them, it looked like Dash’s leverets. Tailing behind them were Pace and Lucky.
“Hello mother, father” Pace panted
“Maybe you should tell us where you’re going before you skip off eh?” Friendly advised
“Sorry father, we’ll remember that” Pace said
“I certainly hope so” Russet said sternly
“Where’s Friendly junior?” Friendly asked, seeing he was not with them.
“He’s wrestling with Mystery by the earth, he didn’t really want to join in the race” Lucky replied
“I didn’t see him there” Russet said
“Of course not, he went for a nap in the earth when you were asleep, I suppose you didn’t see him.” Pace said
“Now it all makes sense, well let’s get back to our earth then, we’ll visit Fox and Vixen later” Friendly said
“Oh goody!” Lucky shouted joyfully, he loved going seeing his grandparents.
Adder and Sinuous were taking their young to bask in an area that they had not seen yet. Sirrus sighed boredly. “Are we there yet?” He asked. “Don’t make me turn thisss trip around!” Sinuous groaned in an irked voice. Criss hissed at her brother Sirius (who had poked her repeatedly with his tail) and said, “Mom! Sirius keeps touching me!” Adder looked at them. “Sirius,” She said. “She’s lying!” Sirius shouted. “No I’m not!” Criss snapped. Suddenly, all twelve snakes broke into a clamor about who was lying and who was not, mostly taking sides with Criss. Adder rolled her eyes in exhaustion. She decided to let her gaze go toward the pond, and then her eyes widened in shock. There was a small family of newts in the pond talking to Toad, and these newts looked incredibly familiar. Were they who she thought they were?
Fox and Vixen were on their way back from hunting; they had caught plenty to eat and so were heading back to their earth to finish off. But they just happened to see such a sight on their territory, it was Napoleon.
“What’re you doing on our territory?” Fox shouted
“Why I’m hunting of course” Napoleon replied in his French accent
“Why don’t you hunt on your own territory?” Vixen queried
“No reason, just the food is more plentiful on this side of the park” Napoleon said slyly, snapping up a vole.
“I know about your kind, if you don’t get off our territory right now, I swear there will be a war before long” Fox snarled
“As you wish, sire” Napoleon growled, and he raced off to the newer area of White Deer Park.
“Now I’m really worried about him” Fox said
“I am too, actually” Vixen replied
Toad then hopped into view, out of breath.
“Toad! What’s the matter?” Fox asked
“You’ll never believe who I’ve just seen” Toad panted
“We know Bold’s back, old son” Fox said
“It’s not Bold” Toad replied breathlessly “It’s Sinuous!”
“Sinuous!” Fox yapped “Isn’t he dead?”
“That’s what we thought; he actually passed out instead of dying.” Toad said gleefully “And they’ve added up adders too!”
“Well, that’s an advantage for us, so many of our friends are coming back who we presumed dead, Bold and Sinuous are the starters I presume”
“And you’ll never guess who I saw in the pond just now” Toad said even more gleefully.
“Don’t tell me, the newts?” Fox guessed
“Spot on matey!” Toad laughed
“But how?” Fox asked, bewildered.
“They tell me they escaped the fire by going into that same lake where we escaped to, but we were on the island, they were underwater. Then two days ago they were captured in glass jars and brought here, presumably by our warden” Toad explained.
“This calls for a celebration!” Fox barked “I wonder who’s next to come back from the presumed dead?”
Meanwhile, Bully was preparing his newly arrived troops for their first mission, to kill Adder.
“If we kill this here Adder, then surely we can take over this park more easily! WHO AM I!?” He yelled
“Bully, Bully, Bully!” His rats replied in unison
Then Brat interrupted “Uh Sir?”
“What!” Snapped Bully
“She has had young; there are now thirteen Farthing Wood snakes in the park,”
“Thirteen!!!” Bully shouted.
“There are fourteen actually, that one we thought we had killed, Adder’s mate, actually survived, we only half-suffocated him,” One of the large black rats said.
“No, I've seen another adult snake around, there are fifteen Farthing Wood snakes in White Deer Park” Another rat interrupted, this time a smaller brown rat.
Bully fainted with shock. All the rats stood around him, utterly bewildered.
“Ought we to tell him that the number of foxes had doubled as well?” One of the other brown rats said. Brat fainted at that news.
Napoleon had raced back to his earth, and explained what had happened.
“We're to attack tomorrow, by stealth. Go after any enemies you can find, be it other foxes, weasels, birds, even adders”
All of his troop's eyes widened in shock, none of their tribe had ever attacked an adder and lived.
“That's how Louis got killed!!!” One of his younger members shouted
“I’m very well aware of how Louis was killed, but I am not Louis, I am your ruler now, and you are to obey my orders or the only alternative is death.”
Luckily, Dash was in the vicinity, and rushed off to tell Plucky immediately what she had heard.
“An attack!” Plucky yelled “Get the word out to everyone else, I'll tell the other foxes” He added
“What's wrong Plucky?” Fox asked, seeing Plucky run in at an alarming rate, he nearly slid right into him!
“There's to be an attack, by Napoleon's tribe” Plucky panted
“An attack!” Cried Vixen, her ears perking up immediately.
“Yes, Dash is spreading the word out, I'm telling the other foxes” Plucky said, and he ran off to Charmer and Ranger's earth.
“I knew that that Napoleon was no good” Fox snarled
Soon the whole word was out, everybody was on extreme alert the next morning; even the adders, who lay in their hole next to the pond. “So, why are we hiding?” Calypso asked. “Shush,” Lithe hissed. “That Napoleon is out to attack usss, that’sss why we’re hiding,” Adder said. “Why can’t we fight them?” Asked Sirrus. “Be quiet!” Sinuous snapped. He looked at Adder and said, “They’re easier to handle when they’re asleep; how do you do it?”
Napoleon's tribe crossed onto Farthing land, only to find it deserted.
“I wonder if I can guess, where they've all disappeared to!” Napoleon growled.
“Somebody must have either overheard and warned them, or they found out some other way” Lafayette answered.
“Well there's no point carrying on like this, we must come back later on” Napoleon snarled, thinking that maybe one of his troops had taken pity on the White Deer Park animals and warned them about the approaching assault. “Let's go”
Later on that evening, Fox and Vixen were hunting in their usual spot, when they came across a horrific sight; a dead fox.
“FRIENDLY!” Fox yelled, recognizing the body marks.
“That isn't Friendly, Fox” Vixen whispered
Vixen was right, it wasn't Friendly. Most of the fox's body marks were similar to Friendly's, but the tail was a zigzagged end, not a diamond.
“Who is it then?” Fox growled
“I don't know, but it's not one of our tribe” Vixen replied
“We'd better leave, we don't want to attract attention to ourselves” Fox said, seeming to have calmed down realizing that Friendly had not really been murdered.
“BUDDY!!!” Another fox yelled. “Did you two murder him!?”
“No, we just found him here, we were hunting and then we saw him, he looks a bit like our son” Vixen replied softly
“Isn't it the Farthing Wood Fox?” The fox asked.
“The original Farthing Wood Fox” Fox answered
“I'm Gallant” The fox introduced himself “I used to live near Farthing Wood, in the other forest that was recently chopped down”
“You mean Chipping Wood?” Fox asked “I heard there was no stream, pond, or any other means of water there”
“True, but we survived by drinking from the human’s ponds and pools after your stream and pond dried up” Gallant replied
“Oh I see, but I think I know who could have murdered him” Fox snarled
“Who? Who do you know that could have murdered him?” Gallant asked
“Napoleon” Fox replied
“NAPOLEON!!! He murdered our other two cubs!” Gallant barked with fury.
“We know what it's like to lose cubs, we've lost two out of our four” Fox sympathized “Or we thought we had, the second one actually pretended his death while he had a plan to return himself to full health”
“Oh don't tell me what's happened, I've lost my son!” A vixen sobbed, jumping out of the bushes, she started to cry.
Little did they know, that Napoleon was listening in the bushes, he rushed back to his earth after hearing the conversation.
“What's happened?” Friendly asked, hearing the conversation echoing through the trees.
“Is this your son?” Gallant asked
“Yes, this is Friendly” Fox replied “A fox has just been killed” He said to Friendly
“But it isn't one of our tribe is it!?” Friendly asked, panic-stricken.
“No, it's Gallant's son” Fox answered
The vixen was muzzling her son, as though trying to tempt him to awaken.
“He's dead, Scarlet, there's no point trying to awaken him” Gallant called to her “Poor thing, she always tries to awaken her cubs after she finds them dead” He explained to Fox and Vixen. “Buddy was always the friendliest of our cubs”
“Do you wish to join our side, we'll gladly help you avenge his death” Vixen said softly to the two foxes.
“Thank you, “Thank you so much” Scarlet sobbed “You're so kind”
So Gallant and Scarlet were invited back to Fox and Vixen's earth, the whole family was summoned for a meeting. All of them turned up.
“Tonight, we discovered that a fox has been killed on Farthing Land, this is not one of our tribe, but the son of our new friends, Gallant and Scarlet” Fox said to his family.
“All of the meeting members showed signs of sympathy for Scarlet and Gallant, who had lost their son to Napoleon's brutality, especially Hurkel.
“Now, we need to do something about Napoleon, does anyone have any ideas?” Plucky asked
“Maybe Adder and Lithe could bite him?” Friendly suggested
“Adder, Sinuous, and Lithe could bite a few of them,” Plucky agreed “But we do need to be rid of all of Napoleon's tribe”
“We could kill the leadersss” Sinuous agreed
“We'll attack them at dawn, when they're fast asssleep” Lithe hissed
“I have had young, I sssupposse we could kill all of them!” Adder said
“That's great news, but we don't want to overuse you, if you know what I mean” Fox said. “But I want to kill sssome…” Criss began, but Sinuous covered her mouth with the end of his tail.
“Not at all, we'll be glad to get thessse intrudersss out of our park” Adder hissed.
“That brings a close to our meeting then. Good luck!” Plucky said
All of the animals left the earth, but somebody noticed something else was wrong too.
“What’s with all these rats?” Asked Gallant
“I don’t know” Scarlet replied huskily, having still hardly recovered from the loss of her son.
The rats had attracted the attention of Ranger too, he only remembered one occasion of when the rats were this large in number, the time that Bully had tried to take over the park, he decided to report this to Fox and Plucky.
“Bully’s here to live among us, not to fight against us” Said Vixen
“But there are thousands of them, I saw them hiding in their old hidey-holes” Ranger protested
“I think as leader, that we had better check this issue, it’s better to be safe than sorry” Plucky agreed.
“I agree with Plucky” Friendly said
“Very well” Fox said sleepily “Who would volunteer to ask them?”
“I’ll go” Russet volunteered “It’s high time I made myself useful for a change”
“But you have your five cubs to look after!” Vixen exclaimed
“They’re growing up fast, and Friendly is pretty good at looking after them for a little while” Russet replied.
Russet nuzzled Friendly and then set off for the rat headquarters…
Bully and Brat were checking their numbers, the dozens of nests were each home to 14 rats, 1 thousand rats was their goal, and they had 756 rats in total now.
“We’re getting closer to our goal Brat me boy!” Bully snarled evilly
“I’m lookin’ forward to our revolution boss!” Brat replied
“Spike!” Bully growled “Who am I!”
“A great big Bully!” Spike squeaked, and he fled immediately.
“I think this means trouble, boss.” Brat said to Bully
“Too right it does Brat me boy, we have to attack early, assemble the troops!!!”
Russet was on her way to the rat base, when she bumped into Spike, who was running in the opposite direction.
“Don’t attack me! I’m Toad’s friend!” Spike squeaked
“I know that, what’s the problem?” Russet asked
“Bully has gone on a new mission to capture the park as his own! Tell the others right away!” Spike exclaimed, and he ran off.
Russet didn’t need telling twice, her cousin’s fears were indeed true.
“Where are Adder and Sinuous? We need to kill as many rats as possible” Fox said
“It’s too late for that, they’ve assembled and are currently marching here!” Russet cried
“Just a minute, perhaps I could divert them to Napoleon’s territory, and then lose them somehow; they’d attack Napoleon’s tribe instead of us!” Plucky suggested “It’s risky, but worth a try”
“What do you think Fox?” Vixen asked
“Well, what else can we do?” Fox answered “Go on Plucky”
So Plucky decided to head them off, and then lead them to Napoleon’s territory.
“I mustn’t fail at this” Plucky panted to himself as he ran towards the distant line of rats.
“It’s a fox, a fox!” Bully shouted with glee “Kill it!”
The hundreds of rats charged at Plucky, but he was too quick for them, they decided to follow him in an attempt to kill him anyway possible.
“It’s working!” Plucky thought to himself.
Napoleon’s tribe lay just a little while ahead, to make sure the rats were still following him, he stopped for a while. Before long, the rat army charged up the hill towards him.
Plucky dashed forward towards where Napoleon’s tribe was located, but he had underestimated something, Napoleon had set up a watch for any surprise attacks, when they saw Plucky, one of them ran straight down towards him, snarling.
Plucky stopped in his tracks when he saw the guard.
“Oh drat” He thought “Why didn’t I think of this before?”
Plucky decided to flee through the trees, the guard fox was about to follow him, but then he saw the rat invaders and fled, the other guard followed. Bully’s rats chased after them instead, thinking one of them to be the same fox.
“It worked!!!” Plucky whispered to himself as he lay hidden in the bushes.
After the hundreds of rats had ran past, he skipped off back to Fox and Vixen’s earth, where all of the farthing wood animals had been called forth.
“Did it work?” Ranger asked
“It did!” Plucky panted
“You sound exhausted” Whisper said, giving her son a lick.
“Look, will you stop doing that?!” Plucky snapped at her. “I find it extremely annoying”
“Just like his father eh?” Bold chuckled
“Almost the whole thing went according to plan” Plucky said “It seems Napoleon had set up a watch on the only entrance into his territory, but when the guards saw the hundreds of rats charging towards them, they fled.
“I suppose this means that we are saved the trouble of killing Napoleon” Adder said gratefully.
“But that means that we have to kill the rats ourselves,” Sinuous hissed.
“Not all seven hundred and twenty four of them, Napoleon’s tribe will kill some before they are killed” Adder said.
“True” Lithe said.
“Wait, we ought to plan attacks upon the rat headquarters, now that our numbers of animals that can kill rats have multiplied, we can now kill twice or maybe three times as many rats” Bold said.
“I could get my family to dig deep hidden trenches in places that can trap the rats” Mossy suggested.
“That’s a good idea, but do tell us where you put them, we don’t really want to fall in those” Said some field mice who had joined the meeting.
“So Mossy, I give you full permission to use your method of trapping rats, but as the field mice said, do tell us where you put them” Plucky said.
“And my suggestion?” Bold asked
“Ah, I’ll have to talk that one over with Fox, father, but I do agree with you” Plucky replied “I declare this meeting at an end,”
All of the animals immediately filed out of the earth and set off back to their homes, glad that the threat of Napoleon and his tribe would probably be at an end...
Bat-Snake

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: It's about time... Reply with quote

Well, it's about time you got those posted! I've been waiting for AGES!!! But, yay, they're up, complete with my help with the snakies Razz .

Thanks, Ladyfox!

My DA
Foxfan1992

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Napoleon! Rats, hundreds of rats!” Arrow shouted to his leader
“Look Arrow, we eat rats, kill them!” Napoleon Growled
“They’re on the killing spree themselves!!!” Arrow exclaimed
“It’s true” Said Ruby, the other guard.
“Look, how many did you see?” Lafayette asked
“At least seven hundred!” Arrow exclaimed
“Listen, we have to fight them, it’s the only way out” Lafayette said to Napoleon sharply
“Let’s get them!” Napoleon snarled, and all of Napoleon’s tribe attacked the invaders, only to be badly bitten and scratched by the rats.
“Look, why did we kill that fox cub? We could have used him as a spy” Lafayette said to his leader
“The past is passed!!! Get on with the attack!” Napoleon snarled
Napoleon was tackling seven rats at a time; and all of those seven were slaughtered in under thirty seconds! Bully saw that these foxes were an extremely brave lot, and he also saw his precious troops being slaughtered, dozens at a time.
“Kill them! Pop their eyes out, bite their ears off!” Bully yelled “Who am I!”
“Bully, Bully, Bully!” The rats chorused
“He’s the leader! That white one!” Lafayette growled
Napoleon went down to him, slaughtering any of the rats that slowed his progress.
Bully saw the approaching killer, and immediately called his rat troops to retreat.
Napoleon nearly caught Bully by the tail, but narrowly missed it, flying headfirst into the bushes instead.
The rats all retreated back to their not-so-secret headquarters, their numbers slashed down to six hundred and thirty two.
“It seems we’ll need a thousand rats before we can kill that lot!” Bully exclaimed “Who are they anyway?”
“I dunno boss, but they are a very ferocious tribe of foxes” Brat answered.
“Look here, who brought that rat tribe up to us!” Napoleon snarled to his tribe.
“Napoleon sir, it is my duty to say, that one of the Farthing wood foxes led these rats up to us” Ruby answered
“Those sneaky Farthing Wood foxes! They think they’re so cunning. I am the most cunning and slyest fox of all time!” Napoleon snarled “Who–am–I!” He said slyly, mimicking Bully.
“Napoleon! Our true and brave leader! True viciousness in all thy sons command! With Glowing hearts we see thee rise, the true red strong and fierce! From far and wide Napoleon, we stand on guard for thee!” The foxes yelled, in fact they yelled so loud that the phrase echoed throughout the whole of White Deer Park.
“It seems the rats failed to kill Napoleon” Plucky sighed
“Look, now what do we do, when things like this get out of hand?” Bold asked
“Well, normally we would ask the Great White Stag what to do, in this case, Laird” Fox said
“Well, why don’t we do such a thing like that?” Bold asked boldly.
“Bold has a point Fox” Vixen said “When things get out of hand, as Bold said, our only hope is Laird”
“Oh very well, I’ll go and tell him about our situation” Fox sighed
“Be careful Fox!” Warned Vixen, she was worried for her mate’s safety in case Napoleon tried to kill Fox in an ambush.
“Don’t worry about me, your old mate’s still got some of his old tricks in mind about Napoleon” Fox smiled
“Better safe than sorry!” Hooted Owl
Fox then left the earth, and headed towards where Laird’s herd grazed at this time of the morning. But on the way he met somebody, someone evil.
“Napoleon!” Fox growled. Napoleon was sneaking around on Farthing land, and this was an extremely bad sign.
Friendly and Russet just happened to be teaching their cubs to hunt larger prey nearby, such as grass snakes, all of them exceeded expectations in the hunting session, which greatly pleased both Friendly and Russet.
Napoleon caught the scent of all of them, and bounded towards them and hid in the bushes.
Fox saw this, but he wasn’t sure what to do now, if he bounded out and attacked Napoleon, Napoleon would kill him, and possibly kill Friendly, Russet, and the cubs in under two minutes! Then he got a sudden idea. He crept up behind Napoleon, and shouted urgently to his son to run while he fought Napoleon.
Friendly obeyed immediately, Russet and the cubs followed, all aware that they were all in extreme danger.
“You’ve ruined my murder plans!” Napoleon Growled
“I don’t care what I’ve ruined, but I’ll kill you for everything you’ve tried to do to us Farthing Wood animals” Fox said boldly.
“Aha-ha-ha!” Cackled Napoleon, “Do you really think that you can kill me? I’ve murdered a lot more than you could ever sum up!”
“Not alone of course” Fox snarled, and he barked a call to his family to aid him, which of course, worked. Upon hearing the call, Vixen, Charmer, Ranger, Friendly, Russet, Whisper, Plucky, and Bold came to the rescue, all of them snarled angrily at Napoleon.
“Is that all you’ve got?!” Napoleon laughed, and he called a signal to his tribe. All of them turned up too. Arrow, Ruby, Lafayette, and all the others too.
“I could call for my mother’s tribe” Ranger suggested”
“Oh please do, we’re heavily outnumbered” Vixen sighed
Ranger barked a call to his family now, to which Lady Blue’s tribe responded at once when they realized one of the family was in extreme danger, and especially by the very red fox Lady Blue hated the very most, Napoleon.
Lady Blue, Scruff, Stripe, and the other blues all leapt out of the bushes, snarling at Napoleon and his tribe. For the first time, the Farthing Wood animals were glad to see the blue foxes.
“You!” Lady Blue snarled at Napoleon
“Yes my dear. Me!” Napoleon growled at her
“You know each other?” Vixen asked
“He’s the very reason I absolutely despise red foxes” Lady Blue answered, with a hint of a growl in her voice.
Gallant and Scarlet turned up next, having heard the calls of despair from Fox.
“Great, we are outnumbered because of the Farthing Fox’s family, Madam Blue’s pack of blue wolves, and the angry parents of that fox cub” Lafayette said sarcastically
“We are not Blue Wolves!” Scruff growled
And with that, the vicious fight began…
Arrow and Stripe were locked in single combat, with Lafayette and Scruff tearing at fur and flesh. Whisper and Ruby were snarling at each other, ears facing backwards ferociously, when Whisper made the first leap for Ruby’s throat…
The other foxes of Napoleon’s tribe were tackling Bold, Charmer, Friendly, Gallant, Scarlet, and Ranger. While Plucky was tackling some of the junior tribe members.
Adder, Sinuous, Lithe, and the snakelings all showed up, hissing furiously at Napoleon, their fangs bared at him.
Suddenly, a yelp sounded from one of Napoleon’s tribe. Ruby had been bitten by two of the snakelings, Sirius and Criss, who had bitten each of the front paws.
Ruby fell on her side; she died instantly after hitting the ground. It was amazing how fast the venom worked for these small snakes.
Lady Blue noticed Adder with Sinuous and her young; her ears folded down. She still wanted to kill Adder for killing her mate and son, Bounder. Upon seeing Sinuous and Sirrus, she wanted to get even with her. She couldn’t do that yet; not now. Revenge would come soon.
Two more of Napoleon’s tribe were killed before Napoleon admitted defeat and all of his troops turned tail, running back to their territory.
Both Bold and Charmer were wounded, but alive. Vixen was very thankful for this. Friendly was also slightly wounded, but otherwise unharmed. Plucky was almost unharmed except for a few cuts, which by now had stopped bleeding. And the other red foxes were all thankfully unharmed.
Lady Blue and her troops all exchanged wounds, but were all alive.
“We’re sorry to call you out on this battle, but we felt it was necessary for the park” Plucky said to Lady Blue
“Of course it was” Lady Blue said, a little bit irritably.
“Look mother, we may need you and your troops in the future, you don’t want to be friends with them, but they don’t want to be enemies with you either, so I would like to call a truce upon the blue foxes and red foxes of White Deer Park, seeing that if White Deer Park is to have any future at all, we will have to fight these enemies side by side until they are all gone” Ranger said to his mother
“Well said Ranger” Plucky smiled
“I understand, I’d do anything to get rid of the red trash called Napoleon, he was the reason Scarface was the way he was with you lot” Lady Blue replied
“I see” Fox muttered
At Napoleon’s territory, he was utterly disbelieving his defeat.
“We should have won! Females of sort like that Lady Blue are good for nothing! They’re naturally machines designed for raising cubs!” Napoleon Snarled to Lafayette
“Maybe that’s why Ruby was slaughtered?” Lafayette asked
“Don’t you be sarcastic with me boy!” Napoleon growled “Wait a minute, I have an idea! That Scarface’s father was an ally of my father, they were quite the team, and they were enemies with that Lady Blue until Scarface became her mate.
“Just what are you suggesting?” Lafayette shouted
“Simple, we get Scarface’s father, Iron Heart and his three sons to come here! As our ally, they can help us get rid of the Farthing Wood lot as well as Lady Blue’s tribe!”
“Oh Napoleon we are going way over our heads here! Iron Heart is a massive fighter and warrior! He’d kill any of our tribe that went there to Twin Caves!” Lafayette exclaimed
“Unless you tell him that you are the followers of Napoleon!!!” He snapped
“I’ll go sire” A vixen piped up
“You, Thorn?” Napoleon cackled
“Yes, me, I’d like to prove you wrong on your theory about us only being mere machines for producing cubs!” Thorn snarled
“I’ll second that!” Another vixen shouted
“I’ll third that!” Said another
“All right, you can go to where Iron Heart lives, Twin Caves, but I must warn you, he and I share the same beliefs” Napoleon warned
Thorn and the other two vixens set off into the distance, heading North to where Iron Heart’s tribe lived.
Napoleon set off to get revenge for his defeat by killing one of the Farthing Wood Animals. When one came past his hiding place he pounced upon it and killed it with one quick snap of his jaw upon the neck. He had learnt that antic from his own father. Then he carried it back to his earth to eat. However, there was a witness. Adder had also been hiding in the area searching for her lunch, as well as her mate and young’s lunch, and when she saw a fellow Farthing Wood traveller being eaten by Napoleon she decided to report this to Plucky.
“Are you sure?” Plucky asked
“Possitive! A Farthing Wood Rabbit has been taken from us!” Adder hissed
“Oh no, not Rabbit!” Fox exclaimed. “He was the only one of the original Farthing Wood Rabbits left. His mate’s going to be very upset about this”
“You’re going to have to do something about Napoleon and his tribe” Owl hooted
“Yes, we did decide upon Adder and her family biting Napoleon’s tribe, but it seems too risky.
“We’ll do it!” Adder hissed “Right now!”
“Now?!” Asked Vixen, alarmed.
“Yesss! We mussst ssstrike now, while we have the element of sssurprissse!” Sinuous replied
“Wait a minute-” Mossy squeaked
“What’s wrong” Interrupted Adder
“I sense a storm approaching, a large one!” Mossy continued
Vixen nudged Fox
“Remember the hurricane last year” Vixen whispered into Fox’s ear
“Ok Adder, Sinuous, you had better leave quickly, look after your young ones. I’ll give you permission to attack Napoleon’s tribe after the storm” Fox said. After this speech everybody left the earth.
It was a nice sunny day, but dark clouds loomed in the distance, lightning could be seen.
The Warden had allowed other members of the human race to walk through the park, as long as they didn’t disturb anything. He had set up special trails and paths, meaning that there were a few humans around outside. Some were picnicking in the shade of the trees. Many of them left as they saw the approaching storm in the distance.
Adder and Sinuous remained inconspicuous to the humans as they slithered their way back to where their young were with Toad by the Pond.
“Let’sss get back to our hole” Sinuous said when they had all of the snakelings together.
“Ares, Jadis, Sirrus, Sirius, Criss, Calypso, Yeesha, Jess, Leslie, Rico, Joan, Colin!” Adder summed up the attendance of their young; all of them were there thankfully
“Now we have to get back to our hole, and now!” Sinuous said to them all, he said the last bit in a bit of shock when he saw how fierce the storm was, Mossy was indeed an excellent weather forecaster. Lightning and strong winds soon unleashed their fierceness upon White Deer Park.
All of the adders managed to get in the burrow just before the apple tree nearby collapsed right next to it.
Several apples fell into the hole, one hitting Sirius on the head.
“Ow! Who threw that at me?” He hissed angrily
“I sssuppossse the wind did” Criss said sarcastically.
“Sssinuousss, it ssseemsss our daughter hasss your colours, but my sssarcasssm!” Adder chuckled
Napoleon’s tribe were nestling themselves away from the storm too, in their caves they had several females giving birth to their cubs. Something Napoleon was feeling glad about.
“They’ll all be great fighters against that despicable traitorous blue wolf pack and the Farthing Wood rabble!” Napoleon cackled proudly.
“Are you sure that Thorn will be able to survive this storm?” Arrow asked Napoleon
“Idiot! Of course she will, she’s got more cunning in her than red blood!”
“I know that, but will she be alright in this specific hurricane?!” Arrow asked
“What did I just say? She will have found a place for all three of them to wait it out” Napoleon growled
Arrow was worried for his companion’s safety, but he didn’t really want to be in Napoleon’s tribe. However, he knew that if he tried to hand in his resignation to Napoleon in any way, Napoleon would kill him on the spot. And if he were to run away, Napoleon would hunt him down, so he had no choice but to remain in Napoleon’s tribe. He remembered only too well when Napoleon had stormed into his family’s den and slaughtered his mother and father, and all of his siblings, except one. Arrow and his brother Bullet had been spared by Napoleon’s tribe by wisely joining up instead. Neither wanted to, but they did it for their lives.
Meanwhile on the other side of the park in Fox’s earth, many of the Farthing Wood animals were settling in to wait the storm out, the squirrels had mostly taken shelter in the earth, but some of the younger ones had unwisely taken shelter in the trees.
“How long do you think this will last?” Rusty, one of Ranger and Charmer’s cubs, grumbled.
“The storm will last as long as it wants to, normally about half an hour” Ranger replied to his son.
“Sometimes up to an hour” Owl contradicted.
“Did you manage to tell Laird about Napoleon, Fox?” Vixen asked
“No, Napoleon would have killed me if you hadn’t turned up” Said Fox “Napoleon reached me before I reached Laird”
“Someone will have to tell him” Bold said “Otherwise we’re going to be on our own against Napoleon”
“Maybe one of the birds could inform Laird?” Charmer suggested
“I would, but expecting eggs I can’t really fly the long distances anymore” Owl replied
Weasel was dumbstruck by this news.
“Congratulations Owl!” Vixen said, ever so dearly.
“O-o-ow-Owl!” Weasel stuttered “H-having l-l-little ones?!”
“Yes Weasel!” Owl said pompously.
“Owl?! Pompous old Owl?!” Weasel questioned, and then giggled.
“I’d hate to see what her chicks would be like”
“Be quiet Weasel” Snapped Fox
Finally the storm was over, the damage was devastating. Trees lay everywhere.
“How are we supposed to find our burrow?” Weasel shouted to Measly
“Simple, we…” Measly began
“Simple? Simple!?” Weasel shouted “We can’t even see the daisies through this mess!”
Little did they know that their burrow was in flames, lightning had struck the tree above it!
The squirrels ran up with the news.
“Another fire?! Not after that rain surely!” Plucky said
“When lightning strikes, the trees nearby catch fire” Squirrel explained
Luckily a couple of humans walking through the park had seen the lightning strike one of the trees and rushed to inform the warden.
Helicopters flew down from the skies to extinguish the flames, luckily there was minimal damage to the surrounding land, but the weasel’s burrow was uninhabitable now.
“Well now where do we go?!” Fido and Cleo shouted
“We have to dig another burrow, it’s the only way” Measly said
“You dig another burrow! Useless twerp!” Weasel exclaimed “Meanwhile me and the twins will sleep somewhere else!”
Measly sighed, he was tired of being pushed about by Weasel, but he had feelings for her, and so obeyed her.
Friendly and Russet had been asleep with their cubs in the den, when the storm ended they were both aghast by what they saw.
Trees lay everywhere, and one was still smoldering after being struck by lightning.
“I didn’t think that a storm like that could do this much damage!” Russet exclaimed
“Neither did I” Friendly replied
“I did” Said a familiar hoot from the sky. There was Owl, hovering above them.
“Remember the hurricane last year?” Owl asked
“Well now you come to mention it, no!” Russet said rudely
“I remember it all too well” Friendly said “I was nearly killed by a tree”
“In fact, if it wasn’t for the hurricane, I wouldn’t have made it back to White Deer Park” Owl said
“Why’s that?” Friendly asked
“It’s a long story, but I was trapped by heavy cement stuff that went hard, I couldn’t move a feather. Anyway the tree fell upon me, and it freed me from the cement case” Owl explained “It’s when I went looking for a mate”
Napoleon was now out and about too, looking for a tasty Farthing Wood morsel to gobble up. Ayden, one of Kestrel’s chicks spotted him and bravely informed all of the nearby rodents and lagomorphs. Dash scuttled away to Fox’s den as fast as her legs would let her. If she died, Plucky would be ever so lonely, and it would be the same if he died. She had to be extra cautious while the threat of Napoleon was about, and that meant no more racing with Plucky until Napoleon either fled or was killed.
Napoleon was infuriated that he couldn’t find anything to eat, he decided to hunt elsewhere, but he would be back. He snarled to himself at the boundary of Farthing land.
Fox and Vixen happened to be hunting nearby, Napoleon decided to put them into a false sense of security before hunting on Farthing land again.
“Good morning” He said to them
“Umm, aren’t we enemies?” Vixen replied
“We were, but I’ve decided to leave, I can’t find a dratted thing to eat around here” Napoleon said a little too slyly. Fox saw the slyness of the sentence.
“Are you sure that you’re leaving?” Fox enquired
“Sure!” Napoleon smiled
Fox had his suspicions that Napoleon was trying to send him into a false sense of security, so decided to not believe him until there was genuine proof that Napoleon was leaving the park.
“I’ve an idea!” Fox said to Napoleon “Remember those rats? Maybe you could kill the leader, not only would it be a juicy breakfast for you and your tribe, but it would also be a…”
“A service to the park?” Napoleon interrupted
“Well that too” Vixen replied
Fox’s suspicions were right; Napoleon had no desire to leave the park, not until he had murdered the Farthing Fox first.
Thorn and her companions returned the next day with the fiercest blue fox in the country, Iron Heart.
“Napoleon?” Iron Heart growled “You’ve turned out just like your father, a brave killer and murderer, I am proud of you for choosing the right path”
Napoleon stared and said nothing to Iron Heart, but merely nodded in reply.
“Good, well I have a mission for you, kill the Farthing Fox as soon as possible, that way I’ll have revenge for my son’s death” Iron Heart smirked.
“I will not disappoint you, my lord” Napoleon replied
“Very good, well I’ll leave you to it, meanwhile I’ll try and get my legendary grandson to join our side” Iron Heart growled in menace…

Last edited by Foxfan1992 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Foxfan1992

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bold and Brave

Iron Heart was now sneaking through White Deer Park, trying to find his legendary grandson; Ranger. He knew what to look for, a dark blue fur coat like his own, with a diamond and black ears. But he couldn’t find him anywhere. He found Lady Blue though. Iron Heart snarled, Scarface was no longer alive so he had the right to kill her, but instead he decided to use her to find Ranger.
Lady Blue spotted him and immediately her ears went backwards and she bared her teeth viciously. This was Scarface’s father, her father’s enemy. She was extremely anxious as to what he could do. He was as vicious as a rabid wolf.
“Now my dear, we wouldn’t want to ruin the peace that my son set between your family and mine would we?” Iron Heart chuckled dangerously
“What do you want and why are you here?” Lady Blue asked viciously
“If you must know, I would like my grandson to join my side in the fight against the Farthing Fox” Iron Heart answered
“I’m afraid you’ll have no chance, he’s the mate to his daughter” Lady Blue replied
“Such treachery, I never thought it possible!” Iron heart snarled “How could you allow this to happen?!”
“I-I-I-I didn’t, I didn’t even know about this” Lady Blue stammered
“It’s your job to know! You traitor” Iron heart snarled at her
“Drat, now what am I going to do?” Lady blue thought
Iron Heart turned to a rather deep shade of furious purple; he was outraged not only with his grandson but now with his son’s mate!
Ranger and Charmer at that very moment were teaching their cubs to hunt. Russet and Friendly’s cubs were trying to show them their skills.
“We’re only beginners you know!” Rusty snapped at Pace
“Exactly, that’s why we’re teaching you” Pace said cheekily
“We shouldn’t be too hard on them” Friendly junior said
Lucky had managed to get his partner to successfully catch two mice with his aid, and was now seeing how she would fare on her own; she caught another one within a few minutes of his leaving.
“Thank you Lucky!” The blue vixen said gratefully to him
“All part of the service Diamond” Lucky said politely
“I wonder how the others are doing” Lucky wondered
Friendly junior and Pace were still arguing, and Mystery and Trixy were trying to teach Rusty and Cherry the antics of hunting the mice.
“Why aren’t you two teaching our younger cousins how to hunt? We have a duty to…” Lucky began
“We have a duty to do everything don’t we!” Pace said impatiently
“I’ve already finished with Diamond!” Lucky said
“Well aren’t you the lucky one!” Pace interrupted, and then chuckled at his little joke.
Lucky wasn’t taking any more from Pace, he slowly walked away. Friendly junior could see that he was unhappy. He went over to comfort his brother.
“Are you all right?” He asked
“Go away Friendly” Lucky said sadly
Friendly junior looked hurt.
“I just want to be left alone” Lucky continued
“All I want to do is to comfort a brother who is unhappy” Friendly junior snapped
“You mean…? You mean that you actually care for your siblings?” Lucky asked
“Of course I do! Why shouldn’t I?”
“You should, that’s what I like about you. I wish all brothers were like you”
Friendly junior was very touched by this. He knew he was the friendliest of his siblings, but he didn’t realize that he was that popular.
Napoleon was nearby, he had caught another rabbit for his supper, a rather old one, but he gobbled it down regardless of it’s age. He was meant to be vicious; he was born vicious, and would die vicious if he saw to it. Lafayette turned up alongside. They both caught sight of the fox cubs and decided to launch an attack on them.
“Okay, let’s charge!” Lafayette said
“Wait a minute, I’m the leader. I’m the one that says when we go!”
Little did they know that Ranger, Russet, Charmer and Friendly were watching from nearby.
“Here we go! CHARGE!” Napoleon snarled
They both launched out of the bushes at the young cubs. But as soon as the cubs heard the snarling they ran for their parents. Napoleon launched himself towards one of the younger ones, but missed Rusty by several inches and landed headfirst in a deep puddle.
Lafayette launched towards Friendly junior and Lucky. They ran too, but Lucky was knocked over by Lafayette’s heavy body. Lucky yelped as Lafayette clamped his jaws around his body.
Friendly and Russet pounced into action, and tackled Lafayette down to the ground. However Lafayette was too strong for them, and pushed both of them off of him. Russet and Friendly snarled at the enemy and tried to force him to move backwards. But Lafayette launched himself towards them. He missed them and landed on a pile of leaves. The pile of leaves sunk down into the ground and then a loud yelp was heard. Friendly peeped over and looked at Lafayette. He had sunk in the mole’s trench which was littered with sharp rocks at the bottom.
Napoleon fled when he saw this happen.
Russet and Friendly rushed over to their son. Lucky’s wounds were being cleaned by Ranger and Charmer. His wounds were not life-threatening, but he was injured nevertheless.
Every cub stood around the injured one. Pace, Rusty, Trixy, Friendly junior, Mystery, Cherry and Diamond. Pace was devastated, he hadn’t meant to cause his brother unhappiness, but he knew he had done so. And now he was wounded.
“Can you forgive me Lucky, I didn’t mean to make you unhappy”
“I know that, but you did” Lucky gasped
“Look, I’m sorry” Pace said
Lucky let out a sigh.
Meanwhile Iron Heart and Lady Blue were still looking for Ranger, they were hoping to get him onto their side. Or Iron Heart was anyway. Lady Blue’s father Sapphire was the enemy of Iron Heart, and always had been until she had become Scarface’s mate.
They found Ranger with his mate Charmer and their cubs in a clearing, with Friendly and Russet and their cubs.
Iron Heart was about to charge towards them, but Lady Blue stopped him.
“You can’t hurt cubs!” Lady Blue exclaimed
“I can if I get my own way. Now move out of my way!” Iron Heart snarled.
Ranger luckily heard the noise and alerted the others. They all ran back to their earths immediately.
“You fool of a female! You scared them off!” Iron Heart growled at Lady Blue
Later, Adder happened to be talking to Toad by the pond when she saw the most horrific sight, two of her young lay dead by the pond, both with serious slashes to their scales, Jades and Ares.
“Only a fox or a cat could have done this!” Sinuous hissed angrily
Adder then saw something else nearby, something that looked like Scarface, but larger and a fiercer shade of blue.
“Revenge!” Iron Heart snickered, and ran off to see how Napoleon was working out.
Adder and Sinuous were extremely saddened by their Young's deaths, but they were extremely angered too, and both snakes swore to find the blue fox responsible and murder him themselves.
Lucky was still recovering from his wounds, but he was definitely going to survive. Friendly was proud of him, and so was Russet, Lucky was a strong fighter.
“You are sure you’re all right?” Russet asked him nervously
“I’m sure. I’ll be up and about again in no time, you’ll see” Lucky smiled
“My dear bold and brave son” Russet smiled
Fox and Vixen then popped in the earth entrance; both of them looked rather anxious.
“I’m all right grandfather” Lucky said to Fox automatically.
“I’m sure you are” Fox said kindly. “Now listen, we have to do something about Napoleon now before it’s too late” Fox continued to them all”
“Ranger said something about his legendary grandfather Iron Heart sneaking about” Friendly said
“Iron Heart?! He’s my grandfather!” Russet shrieked
“Your grandfather?” Friendly asked
“Yes, he’s just as bad as Napoleon, and Scarface was a traitor to him” Russet whispered
“I’d hate to see what he’s like then” Fox sighed “Scarface was bad enough, but if he was a traitor to this Iron Heart, then Iron Heart must be three times worse”
“He is, my father Cyan was just as bad” Russet said
“How many sons did Iron Heart have?” Fox asked
“Four. Scarface, Cyan, Neptune and Midnight” Russet replied “His mate’s name was Violet, but she was killed by poachers a year or two ago”
“So that means that Iron Heart has three sons remaining?” Fox asked
“Two” Russet answered “My father was killed by the same poachers nearly a year ago”
“So these two sons of his, are they as bad as Iron Heart is?”
“Correct, Midnight’s worse than Iron Heart even”
“What’s with these leaves falling?” Pace questioned, looking out of the earth entrance at the millions of leaves fluttering by in the wind.
“It happens every autumn. When the winter snows come, the leaves are no use to the trees anymore, so they drop them” Friendly explained
“I don’t know how you tolerate him sometimes” Fox whispered into Friendly’s ear
“The same way you tolerated Bold” Friendly chuckled
They started to walk back to Fox and Vixen’s earth, but on the way they found bodies scattered everywhere. Rabbits, Hares, Shrews, Voles, Mice, Rats, even a few adult birds”
“Whoa. What happened here?” Friendly junior exclaimed
“This is what becomes of those who cross Iron Heart” Said a voice. On one of the nearby hills Arrow stood.
“You take one more step towards my family and I’ll tear you to shreds!” Fox warned
“Relax! I’m one of the good guys”
“Really? You look an awful lot like one of Napoleon’s tribe” Friendly snarled
“An unfortunate resemblance of time, but right now we’ve got to move, Iron Heart and Napoleon are planning an attack” Said another fox. There stood Bullet, Arrow’s brother.
“An attack?” Russet exclaimed. Her ears went to full alert.
“It’s true” She said “I can hear them”
“We have to run, now!” Arrow shouted
Every single fox burst into Fox and Vixen’s earth. The roof nearly caved in when they all sped down the tunnel.
“So you two are traitors then?” Vixen asked
“Our parents and siblings were killed by Napoleon and his tribe. We were spared by joining his force” Bullet explained
“I still remember Charmer, she was a loving and caring sister wasn’t she?” Arrow said
“Charmer?” Asked Friendly
“Our sister” Bullet said
“No, she’s my sister!” Friendly protested
“What’s all the commotion?” There was Charmer; Friendly’s sister and Fox and Vixen’s daughter standing at the earth’s entrance”
“Who’s this?” Asked Arrow
“My sister, Charmer” Friendly said
“Who are they?” Charmer demanded
“They are traitors from Napoleon’s tribe, I think they saved our lives actually” Vixen said
“How can we trust them?” Charmer asked
“Well, their siblings and parents were killed by Napoleon and his tribe, so they joined up just to save their own skins” Fox explained
“You mean; you also had a sister called Charmer?” Friendly asked Arrow
“Indeed. So you have a sister called Charmer too?”
“Of course, there she is. The sister I tried to protect from Scarface’s wrath” Friendly said
“Oh don’t start that again” Charmer sighed “Ranger is nothing like his father”
“I was talking about if Scarface found out about you two seeing one another” Friendly replied
“Scarface was a traitor considering what Iron Heart is” Russet whispered to Friendly
“I know, but we didn’t know that a few years ago” Friendly said to her
When they were sure that Napoleon had left (The following morning), they set about on their daily activities once again. But now in a more cautious manner; knowing Napoleon was furious with them for having killed his henchman.
“Where are Arrow and Bullet?!” Napoleon growled to Thorn
“I don’t know, they just left sire” Thorn replied
“I knew we should never have trusted them, why did we let them join anyway? Filthy traitors” Napoleon snarled, and he set off in a large huff to find them.
“Two of your young killed!” Toad croaked
“Indeed! The blue foxsss isss the mossst likely sssussspect” Sinuous hissed
“You mean Ranger?” Toad asked
“No! I heard sssomething about hisss grandfather, Iron Heart being on the loossse, he'sss three timesss as threatening as Ssscarfacsse!” Adder said

“What are you talking about?” Bold asked
“Ranger's grandfather Iron Heart, he's here!” Toad croaked
“Oh no!” Bold exclaimed “I suspect he's worse than Scarface?”
“You got that right!” Said Napoleon, who was sneaking about nearby.
“Quick, get undercover!” Bold shouted
Bold ran for his life. Napoleon followed, catching up to him ever so slowly.
Napoleon’s eyes filled with anger and bloodthirsty tyranny as he chased Bold through the woods.
Bold found a small earth to stay in, and Napoleon tried to follow him, but Napoleon was too large for the entrance.
“If you don't come out now and give yourself up, I'll starve you out!” Napoleon shouted down the hole.

Oh dear! Bold's in life threatening trouble here! What's going to happen? You'll find out soon.

The end.
Foxfan1992

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Down

Napoleon had Bold trapped down a small earth. Bold didn't know what to do, but then he remembered an old trick he played on a blue fox that was guarding the earth he was hidden in when he was a cub. He decided to give it a try.
“What's wrong with you?!” Napoleon snarled, as Bold pretended to gasp with pain
“I'm, dying” Bold whimpered
“Eh? What of?” Napoleon questioned
“I was wounded as I was pushed down the tunnel, I'm bleeding!”
“You can't die yet! I have to question you!” Napoleon snarled
“My life's blood is flowing from my veins!” Bold continued
“Can't you just hold on?” Napoleon asked
“I'm, going...” Bold said, and then he forced Napoleon over and ran.
“You! Come back here!” Napoleon snarled viciously
“He was cunning wasn't he?” Said Iron Heart
“Too right he was. I'll get him!” Napoleon growled
“It's too late for that, you are no good” Iron Heart frowned
“W-w-what are you going to do?!” Napoleon stammered
“I am going to kill you!” Iron Heart yelled. And with that he killed Napoleon instantly. Napoleon's body fell to the ground with a thump.
Bold had reached Fox's earth, and told his terrifying tale to his son.
“I can see where I get my cunning from then” Plucky said
“Napoleon is dead, Iron Heart killed him because I escaped” Bold said in a rather triumphant tone.
“But that means that Napoleon's tribe is now under Iron Heart's control. He's bound to bring in his tribe as recruits” Fox said worriedly
“So we are to find Adder, Sinuous and Lithe to kill the rest of Napoleon's tribe before they can join Iron Heart's tribe” Plucky said
“Bold, could you find them?” Fox asked
“Easily” Bold chuckled, as he set off to find them.
However, Napoleon and Iron Heart had been discussing events beforehand, and they had decided to take a trip to Bully's headquarters.
“That white rat wishes to take over the park. If he was to join our side, then we'd be able to take over this park quicker” Napoleon explained
“I think it's a very good idea, then we'd be able to feast on them all afterwards!” Iron Heart sniggered evilly.
“Shhh! We don't want them to know do we?” Napoleon hissed
As they approached the headquarters they stopped talking about it.
Bully was on top of the fort, looking very pleased with himself.
“Ahem” Napoleon said
Bully nearly lost his balance off the rock, but steadied himself.
“What is it?” Bully frowned “Aaaah!” He gasped when he saw the two vicious foxes.
“We come in an alliance offer” Napoleon said
“Do you now? Well what is in this alliance offer?” Bully asked
“An alliance with us, silly. And the park to ourselves” Napoleon grinned
“Well I have over a thousand rats at my command now, shall we join forces with them?” Bully asked his henchman, Brat.
“Why yes! Of course!” Brat said speedily.
Now Arrow and Bullet were now Traitors to Napoleon's tribe, and although they knew it, they still kept going around by themselves.
“I think the Farthing Wood animals have a lot of Adders don't they?” Bullet asked
“Yes, they do” Arrow answered
“I've got an idea. If they have a dozen Adders then they could kill all of Napoleon's tribe” Bullet said
“Yes, but it would be risky. Iron Heart is very skilled at killing Adders” Arrow said
“I know, but what if the three adults were to attack him all at once?” Bullet suggested
“Well there is an idea. Come on, let's tell the Farthing Fox about it”
So off they raced to Fox's earth, but Lady Blue came out across their path, snarling viciously.
“You're two of Napoleon's tribe aren't you!” She growled
“No! We're traitors of Napoleon's tribe. We are now on your side” Arrow said calmly
“Really? Well why haven't they killed you yet?” Lady Blue snickered
“We slipped away of course! Now we have an important job to do!” Bullet snarled, and they jumped right over Lady Blue and dashed off to Fox's earth.
“An important job you say?” Lady blue said to herself.
Arrow and Bullet told their plan to Fox and Plucky, who had already been told the plan by Bold, but they acknowledged that it was a very good idea.
Adder, Sinuous and Lithe were sunbathing in the early-autumn sunshine. Suddenly Adder felt something tread on her. She hissed, and luckily she didn't strike, because it was Bold. Fox's son.
“What'sss the problem?” Adder hissed
“Well, we need you to kill all of Napoleon's red foxes for us” Bold said
“And Napoleon?” Sinuous asked
“No, he's already dead. Iron Heart killed him”
“Well we will kill them then, but why haven't they fled?” Adder asked
“Iron Heart is going to recruit them, we have to stop that from happening” Bold said.
“Well, we will kill them all!” Lithe hissed
“Another job well done” Bold thought to himself
Lucky had now made a full recovery from his experience with Lafayette, luckily. But Russet was concerned for their cub's safety in the park. Until Bold turned up.
“I've got some rather good news!” Bold said to them.
“Good news? With the dangers floating around right now?” Russet asked with disbelief
“Yes! Napoleon is dead! Iron Heart killed him, but it was because of me”
“Napoleon's dead?” Squeaked Mossy who just popped out of a molehill.
“He chased me into a small burrow and kept me prisoner there for a little while, but I escaped. Then Iron Heart killed him!” Bold said
“Yippie! But who's Iron Heart?” Mossy asked
“Scarface's father, a right tyrant if I ever saw one” Bold replied
Mossy sighed deeply
“Well, Adder, Sinuous, Lithe, and their young are going to kill Napoleon's followers now” Bold said
“Well that is rather good news!” Russet said “So there is no need to leave the park”
“Good, I don't really wish to leave my home” Friendly replied
“Neither do I. I was foolish to do so” Bold agreed
None of them realized that Iron Heart was watching all of them in the bushes.
“So that granddaughter of mine is a traitor too!” Iron Heart snarled
Iron Heart leaped towards all of them.
“It's him!” Bold shouted “Run!”
Everybody ran for their lives, but Russet stayed behind, knowing that she was the one he wanted.
“So! You are just as yellow as that Ranger are you?!” Iron Heart shouted at her
“No, I'm blue, same as you and your mass-murdering pack”
“Don't give me that! I saw you with those red foxes”
Russet didn't know what to do. Iron Heart slashed her across the chest with his powerful claws.
“I'm going to kill you, if you do not fight against the red foxes in this park with me” Iron Heart said viciously
Friendly and the cubs watched on in shock from the nearby gorse bushes. Bold had ran to get help.
Russet whimpered and said: “I will only fight for you if you spare my mate and cubs”
Iron Heart laughed ferociously “What a ridiculous bribery attempt”
Just then, something slashed Iron Heart's neck, he stumbled over and looked up. There was Kestrel, Swoop and all of their now near-fully-grown chicks.
Iron Heart fled the scene at this.
“Are you all right Russet dear?” Friendly asked, nuzzling her nervously.
“I think so, I'm just a little bruised” Russet replied, a little weakly.
“Come on, we have to get back to the earth” Friendly said
“No, we can't do that. Iron Heart will know where we are” Russet replied “We'll have to stay at your parent's den until Iron Heart is gone”
“If you say so dear” Friendly agreed, and nuzzled her a second time.
Pace, Friendly junior, Lucky, Mystery and Trixy all followed suit.
Friendly explained the experience to Fox.
“I think I'm extremely lucky to have survived that tyrant” Russet said
“We are killing Napoleon's followers, so that's a start” Fox replied
“But if Iron Heart doesn't have Napoleon's tribe at his command, he's bound to get his tribe here” Plucky said worriedly
“That's terribly true” Russet agreed
Charmer and Ranger came along next, with their cubs.
“Iron Heart attacked us” Charmer said
“He attacked Russet too!” Friendly answered
“He's ordered me to come here to kill you” Ranger said to Fox “For all we know he could be waiting outside”
“We have no choice but to fight in his sight” Fox said to Ranger
“What do you mean?”
“I mean, you tell him that you are going to bring me to him so he can finish me off” Fox said
“But, Fox?!” Vixen whimpered
“I'll be fine” Fox said to comfort her
Adder, Sinuous and Lithe had just killed all of Napoleon's followers, but the cubs still remained.
“Should we take them as prisoners?” Sinuous asked
“No, they'd profit from it. They're cubs and they'd have to be fed” Lithe said “We'd best kill them”
“Please, don't!” One of the little cubs said innocently “We're just innocent red cubs, we haven't done anything wrong”
“He's right there” Adder sighed
“We'll take them to Fox and Vixen's earth, then somebody can volunteer to look after them” Sinuous suggested
“Very well” Lithe agreed
“Follow us!” Criss said to the cubs”
Luckily Iron Heart was not outside the earth at all, and the red cubs of Napoleon's tribe follwed the snakes in.
“Did you kill all of them?” Vixen asked
“All but the cubs” Sinuous said
“Well, where are they?” Vixen said
“Come along now!” Criss called
All of the red cubs came into the earth, they were only two or three months old.
“I think it's time to call a meeting” Vixen said to everyone
“Are there any more assignments for us?” Adder asked
“No, you've done quite enough already” Vixen answered politely
“Come along Sinuousss, let's scare some frogs before we go into hibernation!” Adder said
Friendly went out to get Bold, Whisper, Hurkel, Shadow and Mossy.
Bold and Whisper were found first. They were drinking from the pond.
“Mother's called a meeting” Friendly said to Bold
“We'll go straight away” Bold replied
“No. Why don't you come with me for a bit?” Friendly said
“Why?” Bold asked
“You don't happen to know where I'd find Shadow, Hurkel and Mossy?”
“I think they moved into the new part of the park” Whisper said
“Shadow?” Bold asked “The badger I met on my travels?”
“Yes, that's the one” Friendly confirmed
So Bold, Whisper and Friendly ran to see if they could find them. They looked into their sett, and sure enough, there they were.
“It's Friendly isn't it?” Hurkel asked
“That's right, and Bold and Whisper” Friendly said
“Bold?” Shadow asked
“Yes Shadow, it's me” Bold answered
“But, I thought you had died!” Shadow exclaimed
“I only fainted, and then when I awakened that night Crow took me to the warden, who removed the bullet from my leg, and helped me to recover my strength” Bold explained
“Let's get down the the business at hand, mother has called a meeting” Friendly said
“The farthing vixen?” Shadow asked
“That's right” Bold said
They all rushed back to Fox and Vixen's earth.
“Are we all here?” Vixen asked
“All except Mossy” Hurkel replied
“So, all of Napoleon's followers are dead, including Napoleon himself. But we have a dilemna. These cubs are now without parents and need a home” Vixen said
“We'd volunteer to take care of them” Whisper said
“Good” Vixen said “Now there's another problem. Fox has been taken by Ranger to fight with Iron Heart, he may not come back alive”
Everybody showed sympathy for Vixen.
“And I'd like to add something to this meeting” Plucky added “I feel that I am too young to be a leader of the Farthing Wood animals. So I would like to hand my place down to my father, Bold. And my uncle, Friendly. They will be your leaders from now on”
Friendly was flabbergasted, never had he thought that he would be just as good as Bold to be a leader. Bold had always been the favourite, but now the Farthing Wood animals were grateful enough to accept both of them as leaders.
“Why should I be elected a leader?” Friendly asked.
“Because you are the wise one, and Bold is my father. Together as leaders, I think this park is in much safer hands” Plucky explained “And that concludes our meeting tonight” Plucky said.
“Congratulations pet” Russet said weakly to her mate.
Adder, Sinuous, Lithe and the snakelings decided to catch some edible frogs before they all went into hibernation in a few days time.
“They're good aren't they” Adder said to Sinuous
“These are ssscruptiousss frogsss!” Sinuous answered “I don't know why I didn't eat them beforehand”
“Oh no! Not you too!” Toad croaked
“We have to eat sometime you know” Lithe said, gulping one down.
Bold, Whisper and Plucky took the six cubs back to their den.
“So, were you named?” Whisper asked
“We were named after our parents and their allies” A female cub said
“Thorn, Scarlet, Arbalest, Arrow, Secret, and Firelight” The cubs said their names. “But we are nothing like our parents, we don't kill for the sake of it” Secret said “We just kept quiet about it until they were dead”
“That was very sensible” Bold said “And now you have a loving home with an older brother”
“An older brother?” Thorn asked
“Yes, Plucky” Whisper said
Everybody settled off to sleep, knowing that White Deer Park would soon be free of Iron Heart and his tribe, but the question was, when?

The end
Foxfan1992

[ Character Info ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambush!

Iron Heart came back to Napoleon's hideout to find every single fox of his tribe stone dead. He knew instantly that Adders were the culprit, but he didn't know which ones. However he knew to suspect the Farthing Wood Adders the very most, but he needn't worry about Napoleon's Tribe, Napoleon was dead. Iron Heart decided to go and fetch his already large tribe and return in the next few days...
Fox and Ranger met at the place where Iron Heart was to fight with Fox, but he didn't attend, he didn't seem to be anywhere in the park either.“He must have realized Napoleon's tribe have been eliminated and he's now gone to get his vicious pack” Ranger said.
White Deer Park seemed to be at peace again now that Iron Heart had disappeared, although this was only temporary, the animals knew that this little peace that they had now was probably the last they would all have together.
Bold and Friendly were the new leaders of the Farthing Wood animals. Plucky had resigned until he was slightly older and more eligible to be a leader, but he knew that the leadership he had was good practice for the future when either of them died in combat or of natural death. But all the same, he was looking forward to racing with Dash again. But he couldn't find her anywhere. He saw Race though, Dash's mate. Race was galloping through the trees at an alarming rate, and then something else caught Plucky's attention. A blue fox was chasing it, a female.
“Sto...! I mean, Halt!” Plucky shouted
Lady Blue stopped in her tracks and saw Plucky.
“What gives you the right to boss me around; Red?”
“The ex-leader of the Farthing Wood animals of course” Plucky replied irritably
“You? The ex-leader? Who's in charge now then?”
“My father and uncle” Plucky answered “You are chasing a mate to one of the Farthing Hares, I cannot allow that”
Really when Plucky said that, he was thinking about Dash, how distraught she would be if her mate was killed by Ranger's mother.
“But I have some rather good news to break to you, the Red fox you hate the very most, has been murdered” Plucky continued
“Which one? Fox or Napoleon?”
“The latter. Napoleon” Plucky answered
“Who killed him? Whom would have the power to maul Napoleon?” Lady Blue asked
“Iron Heart. He seems to be an utter vicious tyrant. He only killed him because my father got away” Plucky said
“He always was a tyrant. He threatened to kill me unless I became mates with one of his sons! I selected Scarface out of fright, I should have picked one of the other sons, there was a friendly one, but he was abused by his father” Lady Blue confessed
“All I am asking for is a truce, if we work together then we can get rid of the rats and also Iron Heart” Plucky said
“Do you think it's worth it?” Lady Blue asked
“But of course it is!” Plucky answered
The warden had also noticed certain numbers of rats about in the park, and he had an extremely vicious idea of which to get rid of them. FIRE. He shot his gun at the rat headquarters first as an act of chivalry. A warning to the rats in the base.
“What was that?” One of Bully's sons asked
“An 'uman, with a shotgun” Brat answered
“They don't worry me, Humans is nearly-always playing games” Bully said foolishly.
Pace witnessed the Warden's actions and reported to his father and Bold.
“How many did he kill?” Bold asked
“He must have killed a few, but I didn't notice any dead rats outside” Pace answered “But I think he has a nasty idea of which to get rid of the rats, I heard him whispering about it”
And then Plucky and Ranger arrived
“I saw Lady Blue, she's joined our side” Plucky reported
“Really? That's impossible, how on earth did you get her to do so?” Friendly asked
“It's a long story, but I'm sure Lady Blue will tell you if you want to know” Plucky said
“Oh very well” Friendly sighed
“Well, at least we have a good chance of defeating Iron Heart then” Bold said “Are you going to tell us how she joined our side? I remember her being an awful drama queen when I was captured by Scarface and held hostage by a huge blue fox.
“That wasn't Bounder was it?” Ranger asked
“No, that was Butch. Look, how big is Iron Heart's tribe?” Bold asked
“From what I've heard, about the same size as Napoleon's, but slightly bigger” Ranger said
“Very well then, I think we could defeat them quite easily...”
“But what about the rats? I had to fight them off with the rest of our family last time” Plucky interrupted
“We'll get rid of them too, fortunately the Warden's got a plan, and I should know how good he is at dealing with problems” Bold answered
“How? What do you mean?” Plucky asked
“I'll take a walk with you” Bold said
When they were out of earshot from the others, Bold spoke to his son, still walking”
“Didn't I tell you? On my adventures I was shot in the leg by a gamekeeper. I should have been more cautious about humans, but I still managed to survive. I went into the town to forage, which is where I found your mother. And then I think you know the part where we travelled back to White Deer Park, and then when I reawoke from fainting, I went to the warden's house in search of any help, you see, I did want to live to see my cub and also to start again with father, and that is what I have done. I'm now returned to full health and perfectly stable... aaaah!” Bold disappeared down the bank into the stream, neither of them had been watching where they were going.
“Father!” Plucky gasped, and raced down the bank to the stream, where Bold lay in the water.
“Whoops!” Bold laughed “I should have watched where I was going”
“Well at least you're alright” Plucky said happily, wagging his brush.
Iron Heart had reached twin caves. There he found his entire tribe awaiting his return.
“We're off to conquer White Deer Park as our own! And we have a feast-full of rats to eat afterwards!” Iron Heart began
His followers and sons cheered. They had waited for this a long time, and they were already bloodthirsty for the battle of White Deer Park to begin.
About a week later, Iron Heart returned with his tribe of twenty followers and two sons at his command.
“My friends, I give you; White Deer Park!” Iron Heart roared, and the vicious and bloodthirsty blue foxes flowed through the boundary fence and started attacking anything they could find. The first victim of the blue foxes' brutality was Leveret. Even though he was a fast runner, he was no match for Iron Heart's speed and skill. Kestrel spotted what was happening, and reported to the leaders, Bold and Friendly.
“Iron Heart has returned! Get ready for Battle!” Kestrel screeched
“This is not good, go and tell everybody else in the park to get undercover, and for all of the foxes of the Farthing Wood line to come here immediately!” Bold answered
Kestrel winked and flew like a dart to where Fox and Vixen resided.
“Iron Heart has returned, prepare for the battle! Bold requests all fighters proceed to his earth and for all vulnerable animals to get undercover immediately” Kestrel screeched
“This is it, my dear” Fox said to Vixen
“Be careful, I'll look after all of the cubs while you're gone” Vixen said
“Bold and Whisper arrived and asked Vixen to look after their cubs while they fought for the park, Vixen agreed. Then Ranger and Charmer asked for their cubs to have sanctuary too. So Vixen had to look after Friendly and Russet's, Ranger and Charmer's, and Bold and Whisper's cubs while they all fought for the park.
“Why can't we fight too?” Friendly junior asked, eager to do something for his home.
“You are too young to die, son” Friendly explained “I don't want you to die to such malice”
“We'll be alright, you'll see” Russet said
Iron Heart was now on his way to Fox's earth. But ran into the Farthing Wood foxes en-route.
“Ah, now I have you cornered, let the battle begin!” Iron Heart snarled, and lunged at Fox, who avoided Iron Heart's jaws narrowly by jumping to one side.
Fox grabbed hold of Iron Heart's neck, but he was thrown off and landed on the ground with a thump.
Friendly was tackling two blue foxes at once, he killed one of them and injured the other one.
Bold, Plucky and Whisper were doing well too, their opponents were falling in progress. But poor Charmer was forced to tackle three blue foxes at once. Ranger came to her aid, but was knocked out of sight by a very large blue fox. Russet and Friendly were the next to come to Charmer's aid, and successfully, they brought the three blue foxes down. Fox was now badly injured and Iron Heart pounced for a quick kill. But Friendly, seeing his father was in extreme danger, launched directly into Iron Heart's path and he was badly bitten on the paw instead.
Friendly yelped in pain, Fox was stunned and Ranger and Charmer were shocked. Next they were snarling viciously. Iron Heart was knocked to the ground by both of the fighters.
“Care to do the honours father?” Charmer asked
Lady Blue jumped in.
“You!” Iron Heart shouted
Fox clambered up on top of Iron Heart and bit him in the neck while he was distracted. Iron Heart fell, limp, to the ground with a soft thud, and moved no more.
Bold had just knocked the last blue fox to the ground, and killed him near-instantly.
“This park is nearly at peace” Bold announced
“The next battle is with Bully, but I don't think I'll be participating” Friendly panted
“I certainly hope you will, that was a very bold thing to do for me, son” Fox said
“It was Friendly, I may be courageous, but I don't think I would get in front of a monster's jaws like that” Bold agreed
“Well, he's gone, for good, and I promise that I will be participating in the fight with the rats if this naughty and courageous paw of mine will heal in time” Friendly chuckled. The victorious fighters had a jolly good laugh.
Bully, at that time, was counting his rat numbers.
“You know, Brat, I thinks that that Napoleon was conning us! That scoundrel was looking forward to eating us afterwards! I could see it in his eyes!” Bully shouted
“How many rats do we have now?” Brat asked, completely unaware to the exclamation of his leader.
“I think we have nine-hundred and forty-eight, we're close to the large battle now, my boy!” Bully answered delightedly
“Well, we'll have this park under rat control in no time!” Brat agreed
On the boundary, unknown to anybody except an accomplice fox, a young vixen the same age as Charmer was crossing the boundary into the new section of White Deer Park.
“Is this White Deer park?” Asked the fox, by the name of Husky
“I suppose it must be, but I don't remember it being like this” Said the vixen
“Now, this must be a new section of park then, I saw the white stag sign back there” Said Husky
“You are so clever, I'm so glad I took you as a mate” Said the vixen to her mate
“Dreamer, you are so kind to me, I had to take you as my mate!” Husky chuckled
The adders were close to the foxes. Because the young snakes were growing so quickly, Sinuous decided it was time to find a new home. The snake family was moving close to where the arriving foxes were. They came face-to-face and then Adder looked up and saw Dreamer. Her eyes widened and dilated. “D…Dreamer?” She stammered. “I thought I killed you!” She exclaimed. “Are you the Farthing Adder?” She asked. Adder nodded. “How did you survive!?” Adder stammered. “I guess you didn’t get enough venom into me; I fainted but it was thanks to Husky that I woke up,” She looked at the other fox with a smile. “I see you’ve found a mate,” She looked at Sinuous, then to Lithe, but which one. Adder looked at Sinuous and flicked her tongue against his face. Sinuous laughed slightly and pulled away.

“Do you know where my parents and siblings are?” Dreamer asked, eager to rejoin them. Adder shrugged. “The last time we saw them, they were at their earth, but they aren’t there anymore,” Sinuous said. “But try checking there,” Lithe suggested. “Thank you,” Said Dreamer. The foxes and snakes moved on. Sinuous looked to his young. They had grown so much since he first saw them. He knew that they were smaller than that when they were born. Adder looked at his empty expression and stopped. “Sinuous, what is it?” Sinuous snapped out of his thoughts. “Oh…I…” He looked back at his young, who were piled up. When Adder and Lithe stopped, the ten weren’t paying attention and they had crashed into each other. “I can’t believe I wasn’t there for you when they were born,” Sinuous sighed. Adder lurched back. “Sinuous, there will be another one soon!” She said. “We just need to wait another year or two before having more,” Sinuous looked at her. “But those will be the second. Being there for the first won’t be the same,” Sinuous sighed. “Since I saw them, I felt awful for staying behind when you went to attack the rats…even though I nearly died for you and them,”
Adder’s eyes widened. “You…almost died to protect us?” Sinuous gulped. “When I was trapped, the rats threatened to kill you while you were above ground…I wouldn’t let that happen. I really was tired, Adder, but I knew that if I stayed behind I would get killed in some way…that was why I didn’t fight back when that rat got me…I was willing to die for you,” Lithe was shocked at the revelation that had spilled out. “But you survived!”
“After a few days in the sanctuary, I decided it was for your good that I didn’t search for you, Adder, if we were seen together…well…”
Sinuous bit his lip. “When the parks came together and the rats left, the only thing I did was search for you and be there for our little ones’ arrival…but I got there too late,” He looked at his young with a small smile. “I’m glad their here, but…some of them might be on their own next summer…and I wish I could have been with them from the start. I realized all of this when Jadis and Ares were killed…” A tear ran down his muzzle.
Adder finally found words. “I wished you were there for me too, Sinuous, but at least I had your brother,” She looked toward Lithe and sighed. “I think we should continue on,” She finally said. Sinuous nodded. “That would be a good idea,” The snakes continued and were interrupted again when Adder and Sinuous heard familiar voices. It was Mossy and Hurkel arguing again! The two badgers came through the trees and Mossy was on Hurkel’s head. Suddenly, Hurkel stopped when he saw the snakes. “Hello, Slithery friends, how are y…” He stopped when he saw Sinuous. “Sin…Sinuous? Is that you!?” Sinuous nodded. Hurkel looked behind him and saw the ten young snakes. “Oh, you’ve had little ones! Where was I through all of this?” He chuckled. “We were here, Hurkel,” Said Mossy.
“Er, yes,” Hurkel said. “Sinuous, how did you survive?” Shadow asked. Sinuous explained everything and even his feelings on missing out on the birth of his first offspring. “I see; oh, I’m so happy to see that you’re alive!” Hurkel smiled. He saw the other snake. “I remember you, what are you doing with them?” Hurkel asked. “He’s my brother,” Sinuous said. “Who are the little ones?” Mossy asked. Adder introduced her young. “We had twelve, but Jadis and Ares died,” Sinuous nuzzled Adder consolingly, rubbing her between the neck and jaw.
“What has happened lately?” Shadow asked. Adder explained everything she knew and the badgers and mole listened intently. “I would like to see Bold again,” Said Shadow. Adder looked at Sinuous. “You’d better get to the old land; I haven’t seen him for weeks and we’re trying to find a new home,” She said. Hurkel smiled. “Alright then, we’ll go,” They set off in different directions.

The badgers found the foxes celebrating their victory. “Hello foxes,” Said Hurkel. “Hurkel! Good to see you again!” Fox exclaimed. Ranger looked up and saw two more foxes come up. Fox perked up when he saw the vixen. “Is that…” His jaw dropped. “DREAMER!” He shouted. Dreamer looked over and slowly approached him. “Daddy?” She whispered. “Yes, Dreamer, it’s me,” He said. Friendly felt his eyes well with tears. “Oh, Dreamer, you’re alive! Adder told me she killed you!” Dreamer told him everything that had happened. Husky came over and explained some more. “I took her out of the park so she could be safe from Scarface; after a few years she wanted to come home; I let her come back but we had grown close; we’re mates now, you know,” He licked Dreamer’s muzzle.
“Well I suppose that answers my question about who's next to return from the dead” Fox whispered to Vixen “Our own beautiful Dreamer!”
Arrow and Bullet then showed up, their faces widened when they saw how many foxes there were in the hollow, and something else surprised them too.
“Husky? Is it really you?” Asked Arrow
“Arrow? Bullet? The naughty identical-twin brothers of mine?” Husky chuckled
“But how did you escape?!” Arrow gasped
“Napoleon thought I was dead, but he never bothered to check, after that I decided to move to this sanctuary, it was about the same time the Farthing Wood animals moved in from their long journey, and I've been here ever since” Husky said
“Wow! You have been on an adventure haven't you!” Bullet chortled happily
“Oh…well that’s wonderful” Fox stammered. Charmer, Bold, and Friendly all greeted their sister. Dreamer was very happy to see them after a few years away from them for so long. Charmer groomed her ear happily. “We’re so happy to see you again!” She half sobbed. Friendly gently groomed her neck. “You’ve got so many nieces and nephews,” He said. He called his children over and introduced him. “Aww, Friendly Jr., how creative!” Dreamer grinned. Friendly Jr. blushed.
Weasel and Measly came over. “What’s going on?” Weasel asked. “Dreamer’s alive!” Friendly yapped. “DREAMER!?” Weasel gawped. She looked over at her and shrieked happily. “Dreamer!” She dashed over and threw her arms around Dreamer’s neck and hugged her tightly. “I admit, I’ve missed you!” She wailed. Dreamer smiled. “Yes, I missed you too, Weasel,” Dash and her family came. “What’s happening?”
Plucky looked at Dash. “My aunt Dreamer is alive; we all thought she was dead!”
“Oh, well it’s good to hear that she’s alive,” Dash said. Kestrel and Swoop flew in. “Owl and Hollow are coming!” She said. “Owl’s coming? I haven’t seen her in ages!” Weasel exclaimed. “She’s probably had her eggs by now,” Said Fox. “Here we are!” Owl called and she perched on the tree. “Hello, Owl! How are you?” Vixen called. “Just fine! Our two eggs will be hatching soon!” Hollow answered for Owl. “Congratulations!” Bold cried. “Where is Adder? I would like to see her; it has been such a long time; She’s vanished since Friendly’s cubs were born” Owl said. “She’s in the new park of the park looking for a new home,” Hurkel said. “Oh, well, I ought to go find her,” Owl took off without Hollow. “I’d better leave her alone and go back to the eggs,” Said Hollow. He left in the opposite direction.
Kestrel nodded once then turned back to the others. “Our young have gone on their own now,” She said heavily. “It was hard to see them go, but we raised them well,” Said Swoop. Fox nodded. “You most certainly did,”
Owl managed to find Adder with a group of other snakes. “Adder!” She called. Adder looked up and smiled. “Owl! It’s you!” Owl perched on the ground. “Where have you been all these long months?” Adder looked at Sinuous. “Owl…do you remember that my mate died?” She said. “Um…yes,” Adder nudged Sinuous. “He’s not dead, Owl! He’s alive,” Owl looked at Sinuous and her eyes widened. “Adder…your mate he’s…the best specimen of a snake of seen and what have we here?!” She looked at the young snakes. “Eight snakelings?! My goodness, Adder, that’s wonderful!”
“Eight? Actually, we had twelve but we have ten,”
“Hm…well I saw eight,” The three adult snakes turned around and saw that Rico and Joan were gone! Adder and Sinuous looked at each other, then Owl. “Oh dear…” The two snakelings had a habit of getting distracted and wandering off.
Bully and some troops was nearby, and he saw the snakelings inspecting a grasshopper. “SNAKES! Right there, get them!” The outburst startled the two snakelings and several rats charged at them. Owl flew over head and attacked one. Bully yelped and called back his troops. Some of the rats had blood on their muzzles. Owl landed and her eyes widened when she saw two young snakes dead on the ground; they were practically covered in blood. Lithe was the first of the snakes to see what had happened and he reported back to Adder and Sinuous. Owl returned and found Sinuous trying his best to comfort a devastated Adder. “Shall I tell the others?” Owl asked. “It would be best,” Sinuous said, holding Adder close to him.

~later~
“Bully!” Fox exclaimed. “He’s killed two of our snakes!” Owl nodded. “Yes he did,” She said.
“We need my mother and the other blue foxes now!” Ranger shouted. Bold looked sharply at his brother-in-law. “Yes, you’re right, but we need to discuss how we’re going to convince them to help fight the rats,” He said. “But they could kill more animals, Bold,” Charmer protested. Bold sighed. “Well…” He sighed as he ran out of ideas. “We’ll just have Ranger go talk to her,” He said.

Ranger nodded and ran off. The blue foxes could be their last hope to end the last battle with the rats.

The End
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aofw.Org Forum Index -> The Animals of Farthing Wood All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: